LIMITED OFFER: Save $200 Today! - Get All Themes For $199 -- Learn More

Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Apply Button Link To external link.

• Shally
    Newbie 17 points
    November 18, 2019 at 3:54 am

I created a website ( https://kerja.top ) and will be entering data through from affiliate job website.
    So I was actually wondering if there is an option to set the Apply button to link to external link. Or if cannot to disable the apply button and I will put the link in the post.
    I have one other website which I use woocommerce and I could add affiliate link for the product. I know that both the the engine is not the same but I will need this functionality.

Thanks
    Leo.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,885 points
    November 18, 2019 at 10:05 am

Hi Lero

which apply button are you referring too? The one on the listing page that links to the job board?

This could be changed but would require file editing – i can try adding more options into the core theme that would allow an affiliate link to be added instead.

Is there a format for your plugin/links?

• Shally
    Newbie 17 points
    November 22, 2019 at 3:31 am

Hi Mark,

It should be the Apply link on the single listing page.
    It will be good if you put the options to allow the affiliate link.

No specific format for link if I do it manually.
    But if I want to automate my website, I will be using wp automatic plugin. Hopefully you can try this out so that it can be much more compatible with PP theme https://filebin.net/hfpc9ow6xmde5d80 . This should be out of topic but what I realize was when I use this plugin in PP Store theme, it does not work as in Woocommerce. Should be because of PP Theme hook and Woocommerce hook is quite different. From my experience of using this, the buy now in woocommerce will point to affiliate link, the price in woocommerce is in the right place.

So if I plan to use it to import from job board website affiliate website such as from careerjeet, I will want to turn the link to their website automatically in the APPLY NOW button.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,885 points
    November 22, 2019 at 5:10 pm

iv added this into 9.4.0 for you – there is a custom field aff_link which if set – will redirect the user when clicking on the apply button.

hope this helps.

• Shally
    Newbie 17 points
    November 25, 2019 at 12:35 pm

Thanks a lot Mark.
    Will try this out.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,885 points
    December 3, 2019 at 1:18 am

my pleasure

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)