John

Any guidance on restoring custom fields so they don't go away again?

This is becoming a pain, but a few years ago all my custom fields disappeared, leaving only Title, Description, Email, Phone, Facebook, Twitter and Yelp. Important stuff like all address related fields have gone away again. The last time I just scrapped the listings, recreated the listing setups and entered the data. Anyone have an idea what causes this and how to end this issue for good? This issue just kills the value of this theme. The directory information is important, but so are other aspects of a local biz directory, but darn if every time I log in, I am fixing something.

Created: August 26, 2016 at 1:52 am
  • In: Directory Theme
  • Started by: JohnJohn
  • 2 members left 3 comments
  • Last reply from: Alex MorganAlex Morgan

• Alex Morgan
    Alex Morgan
    August 26, 2016 at 7:03 am

hi John,

What theme version number you are using?

• John
    John
    August 26, 2016 at 7:45 pm

First, thanks for responding.

I was updated to All the basic problem solving strategies, plugin conflicts were worked around, but the core issue is that basic input fields went away.

I have since captured my data and flushed the site until such a time I find a solution that doesn’t cause me to spend more time fixing Premium Press when I should be adding content. If this won’t work nice with one site, I can’t see it working nice with 20.

It is about content, not managing structural issues that kill the ability for what should be automated to work through updates of either WP or the theme.

Thanks again.

• Alex Morgan
    Alex Morgan
    August 31, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Hi John,

Can you please send a screenshot on which specific error please?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)