Another Bug?

• Ramon
    Ramon
    Senior Member 180 points
    April 6, 2020 at 7:28 pm

After creating a template for the homepage and saving the settings, and making sure that the new page had been created with Elementor, the same thing happened as what caused the blazing row earlier.

With the homepage ready to go, I thought I’d change the footer and the menu design now that I could see what I was working with.

However when I click on ‘save changes’, the theme reverts back to the normal theme and I have to go and change the WP Admin settings again.

Which works fine for a couple of moments, but on a refresh it’s gone back to the normal theme again.

What’s wrong with it as there’s nothing wrong with my settings as was argued this afternoon by the chat team member?

• Ramon
    Ramon
    Senior Member 180 points
    April 6, 2020 at 8:05 pm

Oh and here’s a video of the above bug as I promised this whilst I was fighting in the chat room…

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,733 points
    April 6, 2020 at 10:27 pm

@Ramon

Yes, there appears to be issues with the Design Setup footer settings. You can try to create your own footer.

This video covers some of the things you did, but also a basic re-creation of a footer template. Video

• Ramon
    Ramon
    Senior Member 180 points
    April 7, 2020 at 6:34 am

Thanks JamesD, I created a footer just now and it seems to work properly, even though it highlighted yet another of the bugs – that of creating a new page – in this case ‘Homepage auto create’ – that had the other (more polite) staff chat member claiming that I created a new page.

Changed it back to the original ‘Homepage’ in the settings again.

These bugs really ought to be ironed out straight away, if only to save people from getting insulted and falsely accused in the chat support!

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,733 points
    April 8, 2020 at 2:24 am

@Ramon

You’re welcome.

Unfortunately, there are quite a few that need attention/resolution (IMHO).

• Ramon
    Ramon
    Senior Member 180 points
    April 8, 2020 at 4:04 am

The main bug as I can see it, is the ‘forcing to use templates’ thing, and then expecting them to work properly (on an Elementor page/template) alongside the PremiumPress framework, which is NOT Elementor based (see the above two examples on footers).

Far better I would have thought would be for PremiumPress to create it’s own template library – there are plenty of these going around from the likes of Tyler Moore and Ferdy Korpechuk – and then use Elementor as it was intended – to create pages.

With this latest version pushing Elementor to the forefront, child themes should in effect be dead in the water, and Elementor templates should now be used in their place.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes