Annoying "Are you sure you want to do this? Please try again." messages

• Sunny
    Sunny
    Newbie 53 points
    August 6, 2015 at 8:45 am

Whenever I edit a listing I created and click on Save Changes, I get the following screen with the words:
    Are you sure you want to do this?
    Please try again.

I have to click on the hyperlink “Please try again” which will take me back to my listing page with the changes I had made reset, so I have to make the changes again, click on Save Changes, and this time the changes are saved.

This is happening with all the listings I am editing and its really annoying.

Is this confirmation step built into this theme and how do I get rid of this?

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    August 6, 2015 at 9:31 am

Hello Sunny,
    Could you provide url please

• Sunny
    Sunny
    Newbie 53 points
    August 6, 2015 at 10:05 am

Hi Josh

My website is at https://ehangar.com/classifieds/

I’ve attached a screenshot of the admin screen.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    August 6, 2015 at 10:42 am

Try disabling all your plugins first

• Sunny
    Sunny
    Newbie 53 points
    August 7, 2015 at 9:41 am

Josh, thank you for your replies and suggestion.

My plugins were also disabled.

Anyhow, now that annoying confirmation step seems to have disappeared on its own. I did not make any changes to my settings at all.

I just hope it doesn’t come back anytime soon.

Thanks again 🙂

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    August 7, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Glad the issue is fixed 🙂

• Clive
    Clive
    Super Guru 1,818 points
    August 7, 2015 at 1:24 pm

Looks like it was just a plugin conflict then 🙂

• Sunny
    Sunny
    Newbie 53 points
    August 10, 2015 at 6:58 am

No, Clive. As I stated in my post, all plugins were disabled before the problem occurred, so it was not a plugin conflict.

Because the problem seemed to resolve itself and went away after a few days, I am still unsure what caused it.

I had not made any changes to my site nor added or removed anything from it.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 10, 2015 at 7:21 am

possibly a page caching issue, usually thats the case.

• Sunny
    Sunny
    Newbie 53 points
    August 10, 2015 at 9:35 am

I hope so. Anyway, as long as it doesn’t rear its ugly head again, I’ll be happy 🙂

Thanks anyway for all your replies, gentlemen!

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    August 10, 2015 at 9:52 am

You’re welcome Sunny.Have a great day 🙂

• Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 442 points
    August 19, 2015 at 12:41 pm

Hi Sunny,

This happens periodically with a lot of different companies themes, It’s coming from WordPress not your Premium Press theme. It’s quite common, although when it has happened to me, It has usually been just prior to “resource limit reached” within a set time period, this is common with the Global Host (crazy domains) (Go Daddy) and (Host Gator) I never have lost my data, though or had to type out edits again, WordPress seems to hang onto my edits. however I get the exact same message as your screen shot. Nothing to do with plugins either. but I do not have the exact answer, just thought you might like to know that somebody else occasionally gets the same message as you.

• Janak
    Super Guru 1,283 points
    August 19, 2015 at 2:38 pm

I also have had rare isolated cases of this – I just put it down to internet connection going dodgy for a moment or brief problem at my host. It has been so rare I’ve not worried about it.

Would be very annoying if happened regularly so hope you don’t see it again Sunny.

• Sunny
    Sunny
    Newbie 53 points
    August 19, 2015 at 3:57 pm

Thank you Liz and Janak for your further replies.

Since then, I have not had these messages popping up again, thankfully. Your explanations make sense and so I shall put it down to one of the mysteries of the universe and vagaries of the Internet 🙂

Thanks again! 🙂

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 20, 2015 at 2:48 am

🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes