Amazon Pricing

• Lee
    Lee
    Newbie 92 points
    September 8, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Is still not working on the new responsive theme, exactly the same way as Shopperpress.

I am starting to think that this will never work.

This item – https://halfpricejewellers.co.uk/product/copper-magnetic-torque-bangle/ has been showing £24.99 for nearly a week after it was reduced to £8.93 – so, just like Shopper Press, its pretty much useless at the moment. Which is a shame.

• Ian
    Ian
    Super Guru 1,200 points
    September 9, 2013 at 4:24 am

At the moment if you import that product you get the option of saving it with either the List Price(24.99) or the Lowest New Price(8.93). Even if you save it with the Lowest New Price as soon as the update runs(which is when the product page is opened and it’s been longer than 24 hours since the last check), it’s updated back to the List Price! 🙁

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 9, 2013 at 4:56 am

The problem with Amazon is they dont set any timeframe on their offers so its not possible to limit checking the price until the offer ends.

The other problem is they will close your account down if your pricing isnt as they provide via their API, so if you dont update the pricing to match, and it’s kept out of date, then they may terminate your Amazon affiliate account because of it.

Thus the reason why it will auto-update back to the list price.

• Ian
    Ian
    Super Guru 1,200 points
    September 9, 2013 at 6:04 am

So are you saying that the Lowest New Price could come through the API even though the offer has ended?

The pricing is now updated every load so how would it be out of date?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 9, 2013 at 6:13 am

i’m saying if you choose to import the offer price initially, there is no way to know when this offer ends, so unless i add more flags to say you imported the office price, the system will just update to the list price.

it maybe better i guess to update prices every 7 days instead of daily, this way it would last longer

• Ian
    Ian
    Super Guru 1,200 points
    September 9, 2013 at 6:32 am

I see that the price is only updated if the option ‘Update every 24hrs’ is checked so it is possible to let the price be out of date.

What about importing both prices?

On some of the products there only seems to be an offer price anyway. Three out of four in this pic only have the option to select the offer price.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Ian
    Ian
    Super Guru 1,200 points
    September 9, 2013 at 6:40 am

The above products that don’t have a List Price don’t get updated of course because the update is only checking the List Price….which is not found.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 9, 2013 at 7:11 am

What about importing both prices?

this wouldn’t do anything other than clog up your database. Ill have a look and see what else i can do.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 9, 2013 at 7:32 am

ok, iv updated the plugin, if you import the lowest price it will keep this price if its still available.

• Ian
    Ian
    Super Guru 1,200 points
    September 9, 2013 at 10:42 am

Lee can thank me later!

You might want to consider that if we’re using the Offer Price putting the List Price as old_price (not clogging database ;))

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 10, 2013 at 5:33 am

lol

• Iryna
    Iryna
    Newbie 8 points
    October 27, 2013 at 4:19 pm

I’m not sure if this is the same question, but all of my prices are amazon list prices, which are much higher than the actual amazon selling price.

Did I not import correctly?
    Should I reimport?
    If I reimport, and get the actual price to show, are you saying it will revert to list price if anything changes (rather than just updating to the new actual price?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes