Amazon Importer pricing issues

• Simon
    Simon
    Newbie 9 points
    September 5, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Hi,

Now I have searched the forums and I hope I’m not missing something here, but when I search using the Amazon Importer I have the following issues:

1. When I search for products, the prices on many products are incorrect. Even the ones that are sort of OK are incorrect – it shows the “RRP” price but not the actual real price if you know what I mean (it doesn’t take into account any discounts/price drops)

2. Once said product has been imported, if you click into the product description there doesn’t appear to be any way of actually purchasing it or adding it to your cart.

Apologies if I have missed something but I can’t seem to see what the issue is.

Thanks in advance.

• Simon
    Simon
    Newbie 9 points
    September 5, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Also, and this is a major issue, when viewing a product list via category view, there is no way of customers purchasing!. There is no link to buy at all.

Need this answered and/or resolved.

• Kiran
    Kiran
    Elite Member 434 points
    September 7, 2013 at 2:56 am

Display Amazon Products

its the same issue the code wont let go anywhere

• Kiran
    Kiran
    Elite Member 434 points
    September 8, 2013 at 6:32 am

any solution ??

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 8, 2013 at 6:50 am

Simon you’ll need to post a link, the Amazon API price has always been alittle late in updating, iv seen many times where the RRP price is not the same because Amazon or their affiliates are running offers yet the price in their API doesnt reflect this.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 8, 2013 at 9:48 am

iv updated the amazon plugin to version 1.4, this includes options to include any of the prices available via the api.

• Kiran
    Kiran
    Elite Member 434 points
    September 8, 2013 at 4:13 pm

there is no way of customers purchasing!. There is no link to buy at all. – Simon

found any solution for this??

• Simon
    Simon
    Newbie 9 points
    September 8, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Hi Kiran – no; have not found a way to resolve the ‘no way of purchasing’ problem from within a listing. The update hasn’t resolved this.

Hi Mark – thanks for updating the plugin, appreciated. But the issue remains that customers cant purchase once they are in the listing… (refer to attached screenshot)

I will also test the search again, as when I searched for items priced for example 0 – $5, it didn’t work – it would bring up any product regardless of prices.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Ian
    Ian
    Super Guru 1,200 points
    September 9, 2013 at 3:41 am

The cart button is added via the listing content layout. Go to Display Settings> Content Layouts and click on the How Does It Work? option.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 9, 2013 at 4:06 am

Hi Simon

Your screenshot shows your using a custom listing page layout, you’ll need to add the cart button in, the shortcode is:

[ADD]

or

[ADDBIG]

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 9, 2013 at 4:09 am

u can use the reset to default layout option also.

• Simon
    Simon
    Newbie 9 points
    September 9, 2013 at 6:40 am

Thanks Ian & Mark. Missed that and thank you for pointing out my error!

Mark – I am still having issues with the search function. Have I missed something here? See attached screenshots. The pricing doesnt appear to be allowing me to choose what price to use or use the cheapest price. Let me know if I have missed something here?

Thanks again for your help.

Attachments:
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 9, 2013 at 7:10 am

Simon try updating the plugin, you maybe running an old copy.

dashboard -> check for updates

• Simon
    Simon
    Newbie 9 points
    September 9, 2013 at 7:14 am

Definitely using 1.4.

Attachments:
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 9, 2013 at 7:41 am

its now 1.5, try again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes