an
groups-icon

Am I in over my head?

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    N. Mason Conklin
    0 points
    Beginner

Alright, I’m an admitted newb, but I’ve built WP websites before that were perfectly functional.

There’s a number of things I would like to do to make this VT website more intuitive for my users.

#1. Why the insistence on calling everything a listing? This is a video theme, and I would expect that the main components would be videos, and be called “videos” not “listings.” (Could this be a European vs. American terminology issue?) Calling them listings within the website seems confusing to the user, who should understand that what they are after are the “VIDEOS”. Is there a way to globally change this terminology? If I need to manually change the templates, how do I do that?

#2. I need a page that explains the membership packages and “listing” packages. As is, it seems like too many clicks to get to the option to purchase a membership or “listing” package. Further, I would prefer to call my “listing” packages a “lesson” package, as my intent is to allow users to purchase a video of themselves playing the piano and get my video feedback. Am I trying to shoehorn functionality onto a theme that doesn’t really allow that sort of thing?

#3. I tried changing the footer text in the widget section of WP. There’s a widget for footer left, footer middle, and footer right. The footer right text is repeated 4 times (4X? left + middle + right=4?). What am I doing wrong?

#4. Most of what I’ve done prior to purchasing this theme was using the WP page and post editor with some html tweaks where needed. What do I need to look into to make the kind of changes I’m describing. php? If so, could you recommend a good resource? I’ll gladly invest the time in figuring it out so I don’t bore the forum with simplistic help requests.

All in all, I’m really digging the theme, I’m just having a bear of a time trying to get it to do some things that I feel shouldn’t be that hard to do. thoughts?

July 7, 2016 at 1:54 am
  • JasonX Beard
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    July 7, 2016 at 6:19 am
  • Adnan
    28 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    July 7, 2016 at 6:39 am
  • JasonX Beard
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    July 7, 2016 at 6:41 am
  • N. Mason Conklin
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    July 7, 2016 at 11:22 am
  • N. Mason Conklin
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    July 7, 2016 at 11:40 am
  • JasonX Beard
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    July 8, 2016 at 12:26 am
  • connie willis
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    July 28, 2016 at 7:28 pm

Views

Replies