an
groups-icon

Advice for those migrating from static to responsive?

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Laura Trevino
    0 points
    Beginner

Hi there. We were happily using the static version of Real Estate Press until we ran into some issues with the contact form. We were told the theme we were using was too old and we needed to migrate.

We had planned to do at some point anyway so we went ahead today and…all hell has broken loose. A lot of it is just clean up but I am running into a few things that I am not sure how to tackle.

We are a small mom and pop real estate agency and the old theme worked well for us, very flexible, allowed customization. I can’t see how to customize the listing pages. It seems like I am locked into their format. I don’t want the page views counter displayed for example.

The property ID number has disappeared and we had used that as a reference number for customers.

There are some weird things like the new site didn’t pick up the number of bathrooms or bedrooms when I used the plug in to move my old data over.

And the prices come up wrong unless inputted a certain way. A house that was 90,000 euros on the old site comes up as 90 euros.

Also before in the menu I had it set up so people could search by price category or number of bedrooms.

Where do my articles go now? How do I customize the footer? The social media icons? We don’t really do LinkedIn but we are active on Pinterest for example.

I continue to work on it but any advice from others who made the switch is appreciated. It might save me some time and heartburn.

Regards,
    Laura Trevino
    Gran Alacant Properties S.C.
    Association of International Property Professionals member
    https://www.granalacantproperties.com

Your local experts. We know Gran Alacant better than anyone — we live here!

February 24, 2015 at 4:18 pm
  • Sean Peck
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    March 1, 2015 at 5:07 pm
  • Laura Trevino
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    March 2, 2015 at 10:29 am
  • Sean Peck
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    March 2, 2015 at 9:24 pm

Views

Replies