Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Advanced Search Selection Fields

• Chris
    Chris
    Newbie 8 points
    August 8, 2014 at 3:54 am

Hi Guys,

I need a hand with the advance search functionality as I cannot work out how to add fields related to the vehicle attributes e.g transmission, petrol type, vehicle colour. I want to add these as drop-downs so that the customers can select the attribute that they want displayed.

These attributed came with the theme and are options customers need to select when adding their vehicle details so I know that they are all there somewhere, but my search fields don’t bring up anything when I try.

For example if a customer wants to view all automatic vehicles that are blue I want them to be able to select “blue” from a vehicle colour drop down and “automatic” from a transmission drop down.

When selected the customer would then press search and all blue vehicles with an automatic transmission would be shown.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Sam

• Chris
    Chris
    Newbie 8 points
    August 8, 2014 at 4:40 am

Bump

• Chris
    Chris
    Newbie 8 points
    August 8, 2014 at 5:23 am

It is only for fields where the entry is in text or worded format e.g With transmission the options are “manual, automatic and semi-automatic”.

I am able to set fields such as price from, price to, kilometres from, kilometres to easily, but when trying to set a category where a word must be selected e.g manual, automatic, petrol, diesel etc it shows no results.

• Chris
    Chris
    Newbie 8 points
    August 8, 2014 at 5:28 am

I will attach my issue below

• Chris
    Chris
    Newbie 8 points
    August 8, 2014 at 5:29 am

Attached is the way i’ve set it up. What am i doing wrong?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Chris
    Chris
    Newbie 8 points
    August 10, 2014 at 11:39 pm

Bump. Any help would be much appreciated. The theme is useless as a searchable car dealer site without being able to narrow down your options in the search area.

• Chris
    Chris
    Newbie 8 points
    August 10, 2014 at 11:53 pm

Attached is an image similar to the search fields am trying to create. I aim to have most of these search fields so customers can narrow down their vehicle choice when searching for a car.

How do I set fields up such as transmission where the customer selects the drop down then selects the menu option they desire e.g “automatic, manual or semi-automatic”? I am able to set fields that display numeric values such as kilometres on the vehicle or price, but worded drop down selections such as transmission type or petrol type where the selections are all in text format don’t work when I set them up. Is this a bug of the theme or am I missing something?

As stated above, without being able to add these fields for customers to narrow down their selection the theme is of no use to me. I will have a large range of vehicles on the site (close to 1000) and I don’t want customers having to trawl through endless pages of vehicles to find what they are looking for.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points
    August 11, 2014 at 1:26 am
  • Chris
    Chris
    Newbie 8 points
    August 11, 2014 at 6:06 am

I ended up having to put the order number of each menu option as set out in the languages section e.g:

Transmission

1 [Manual]
    2 [Automatic]
    3 [Semi-Automatic]

This needs to be explained somewhere within the advanced search area to avoid confusion.

• Chris
    Chris
    Newbie 8 points
    August 11, 2014 at 6:09 am

This was not explained at all in the videos above. Maybe another video going into a bit more detail would help.

• Clive
    Clive
    Super Guru 1,818 points
    August 11, 2014 at 8:03 am

Looks like you’ve found your answer 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)