Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Advanced Search Responsive DP

• Darren
    Darren
    Newbie 23 points
    July 27, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Searching by zipcode using the advanced search issue. If search for a category in the “60002” zipcode for instance, I get results for “60004” instead. But if search “60002” I get “60004.” I am using the map-zip value.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Is there a way to only return results from that zipcode?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,819 points
    July 28, 2013 at 5:26 am

Darren im not sure i follow, could you explain for me.

• Darren
    Darren
    Newbie 23 points
    July 28, 2013 at 8:07 am

If I do an advanced search for a category and search for businesses in that category, within a particular zipcode I get businesses from other zipcodes in that category. If I changed the distance I get the same results.

However, if I search the same category but different zipcode (say for instance zipcode “B”) I get the businesses within zipcode “A.”

I attached a screen shot as an example. I want the results to show businesses from the chosen zipcode only.

Screenshot 1. I did a search for Daycare in the 60004 zipcode. Distance is set to auto. I got businesses from the 60002.

Screenshot 2. I search the same category in the 60002 zipcode. Distance is set to auto. I got no results.

So confused.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,819 points
    July 28, 2013 at 8:38 am

the radius ‘auto’ is a default which is 20 miles. Im unsure of USA distances but could it be they fall within that distance?

• Darren
    Darren
    Newbie 23 points
    July 28, 2013 at 2:37 pm

That could be the case. The only problem is when I change the distance I get the same results. If you noticed that is the case in the second screenshot, when I search for that zipcode that is in screenshot one I get no results. I really like the the theme just unsure how to correct the search functionality.

The problem is the zipcodes are only showing up when I search for opposing zipcodes.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,819 points
    July 28, 2013 at 3:13 pm

whats your site link, ill add a sample listing and test it.

• Darren
    Darren
    Newbie 23 points
    July 28, 2013 at 3:25 pm

I am working local on a copy of serverpress

• lynn
    Newbie 8 points
    July 28, 2013 at 4:11 pm

How do I enable searching by the custom fields using the Advanced Search Widget? I only have an option for keyword and category.

• Darren
    Darren
    Newbie 23 points
    July 28, 2013 at 5:29 pm

You have to add the custom fields, give them a Db and then add the custom field under the advance search tab. There you give it a name and add it to the advance search.

• lynn
    Newbie 8 points
    July 28, 2013 at 5:38 pm

I have added custom fields, given them a db key but what advanced search tab are you referring to? I don’t see this. Where is it? Screenshot?

• lynn
    Newbie 8 points
    July 28, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Never mind, I found it under General.

• Sean
    Newbie 7 points
    July 28, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Lynn, did you manage to add? I cant get add it to Advanced Search!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• Sean
    Newbie 7 points
    July 28, 2013 at 6:07 pm

ok, its working now. after I made sure existing listings in wp-admin have complete data for the custom fields.

• Darren
    Darren
    Newbie 23 points
    July 31, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Is there a way for the search to only return businesses in the desired zipcode. I am still having that problem. If it can return results similar to this site: http://activitytree.com

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,819 points
    August 1, 2013 at 12:52 am

Darren, ill add an option for a 0 mile radius so the selection value is the only value searched.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)