an
groups-icon

Advanced Search Question

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Nikos P
    0 points
    Beginner

Good morning,

The site is https://activeshipyards.com

On the advanced search on the right you will see some options. One of them is CAPACITY. If you click on CAPACITY you will see some sizes (Aframax, Coastal Vessel, Capesize, Handy, Handymax etc.).

Back on dashboard now. These are taxonomy fields and options (Theme Setup -> Search Setup -> Taxonomy Fields). The results are Listings which I have created in Listing Manager. I have also created Categories and linked the Listings to the Categories. One Category is CAPACITY that includes the sizes I mentioned above.

CAPACITY is about sizes (this is one of the ways I have categorised the shipyard companies). This means that someone who has a Coastal size vessel will choose Coastal Vessel from CAPACITY and find the shipyards that have that shipyard size. So far so good. The thing is that a Coastal size vessel can fit to a Handymax shipyard as well as Handymax is larger than the Coastal Vessel.

Example: I have a Coastal size vessel, I search in CAPACITY for COASTAL VESSEL and it gives me all the Coastal Vessel results. One of these results is Baku shipyard. Hooray, I can go to Baku Shipyard. There are some shipyards though that are not Coastal Vessel, they are Handymax (Fuan Matou for example). I can go to Fuan Matou as well.

Something is wrong though. Example: I have a Handymax size vessel, I search in CAPACITY for HANDYMAX and I get all the Handymax results plus the Coastal Vessel results. Handymax size vessels don’t fit to a Coastal Vessel shipyard as they are larger.

The problem is when I link these shipyard companies to CAPACITY sizes (Baku Shipyard must be linked in both Coastal Vessel and Handymax but Fuan Matou shipyard must be linked only in Handymax and in sizes bigger that this).

When I search for Coastal Vessel I get both Baku shipyard and Fuan Matou which is right. But when I search for Handymax I still get both Baku Shipyard and Fuan Matou since I have linked them, which is wrong. I should get only Fuan Matou.

How can I fix this search in order to get the right results?

December 11, 2017 at 9:50 am

Views

Replies