Advanced search and taxonomies setup for 4 fields

• Rebecca
    Rebecca
    Newbie 4 points
    March 7, 2015 at 6:30 am

I am trying to setup an advanced search on my website largefamilyaccommodation.com using taxonomies. I am trying to make it so you select a country then it populates the state field. Then whatever state you click then populates the municipality box and then after you select that it shows the towns.

I cant seem to get it to work.
    Thanks

• Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,710 points
    March 7, 2015 at 7:11 am

No need to use taxonomy, you already have populated location based taxonomy field. Use that,

• Rebecca
    Rebecca
    Newbie 4 points
    March 7, 2015 at 10:33 am

Thank you for your reply. We tried and it didn’t work 🙁

• gregory
    gregory
    Newbie 32 points
    March 7, 2015 at 11:10 am

hey Rebecca, you can only go down one level if you are using the taxonomy plugin from premium press. You can achieve what you want by setting up the advanced search to use the recommended settings and when your users use goggle maps to set their location, the country, state and city fields are automatically added

• Rebecca
    Rebecca
    Newbie 4 points
    March 7, 2015 at 11:19 am

Thank you again for your help. It’s still not working. When we select a country it is not letting us select any states….

🙁

• Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,710 points
    March 7, 2015 at 11:53 am

Can you tell us, which configuration you are using in search field setup ?

Note that, if you select recommended option, it shows the values if there is such listing with that location. After selecting a country, if no listing belongs to that country, then no states will be shown.

• Rebecca
    Rebecca
    Newbie 4 points
    March 8, 2015 at 7:05 am

We are using the reccomended options to link the countries and the state but they don’t link and when i select australia it doesen’t work even though we have set up listings using the google map in australia.

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    March 8, 2015 at 8:25 am

Hello Rebecca
    May you should open a ticket

• Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,710 points
    March 8, 2015 at 8:47 am

One more thing, after selecting country, wait for sometimes to load the states. There is currently no loader to see until the states loads.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes