Advanced Search and "Order Results" Function

WordPress Business Themes Forums Version 7 Themes AuctionPress Advanced Search and "Order Results" Function

Advanced Search and "Order Results" Function

July 23, 2013
Nathan Nathan
  • Nathan
    Nathan
    Newbie 8 points

I have encountered an issue with the “Order results” function and I am not sure if it is working as intended. I have an advanced search function that can specifically find the item you are looking for which works fine. I have found that the results of that search do not play well with the “order results” function. IF I take the results of my search and sort them the query returns that there are no matches to my request which I already know is not true. I just want to sort them now that I have the items I am looking for.

Is this a bug or are my files messed up?

July 23, 2013 at 2:07 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

basically if your advanced search includes custom fields then you cannot then reorder those using the order-by button, in the next release the order-by will disappear.

July 23, 2013 at 2:15 am
  • Nathan
    Nathan
    Newbie 8 points

Thanks for the heads up.

If I want to allow users to sort completed auctions, what words for “bid status” will get the desired results?

July 23, 2013 at 2:19 am
  • Nathan
    Nathan
    Newbie 8 points

Any luck with “Bid Status”?

July 24, 2013 at 1:58 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

there isnt anything i can do at the moment, ill look into modifications for the next theme update.

July 24, 2013 at 3:47 am
  • Itiel
    Itiel
    Newbie 12 points

hi mark, i see you mention here that i cannot set the sort order function to sort by custom fields if my advanced search is by custom fields. why is that and is there a possible workaround?

and if not, what CAN we sort by other than post titles?

July 30, 2013 at 2:26 pm
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team