Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Adding documents

• Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 60 points
    August 2, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Is there a way to have a seperate media manager for documents, in version 3.9 you can only upload images and these are shown in the gallery but it would be great if you users could upload documents to their listing page and then for these to be displayed under a new tab called ‘Documents’ has anyone done this or know how to do this?
    Many thanks
    Mark

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,865 points
    August 2, 2013 at 2:23 pm

use the shortcode: [FILES] on your listing page and all documents will be displayed.

• Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 60 points
    August 2, 2013 at 2:48 pm

That’s great Mark, is there any shortcodes to seperate images and documents?

• Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 60 points
    August 2, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Is there also a way just to call the value of a custom field?

Many thanks for your help!

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,865 points
    August 2, 2013 at 3:35 pm

TRY

[FILES type=’image’]

[FILES type=’music’]

[FILES type=’video’]

[FILES type=’doc’]

• Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 60 points
    August 2, 2013 at 3:43 pm

That works perfect 😀 How would I call just the value of a particular field? So if I jest wanted to show ‘Bobby’ on its own rather than Nickname ‘Bobby’? Hope that makes sense.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,865 points
    August 2, 2013 at 3:45 pm

not sure i follow

• Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 60 points
    August 2, 2013 at 4:46 pm

I’ll try explain a bit better, if I used the following shortcode [FIELDS show=”url”] I’d get the following result, please see image. I only want to see the value http://www.domain.co.uk. Hope that makes it easier to understand 😆

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    August 3, 2013 at 1:18 am

If you want to show your youtube video, I have created a plugin that will add a new shortcode [YOUTUBE] to the shortcode list for embedding a YouTube video on listing pages.
    After activation, all you have to do is:
    1) Create a submission custom field with key ‘youtube’
    2) Place the shortcode [YOUTUBE] in the Display Setup > Content Layouts > Listing Page Display > Listing Page Display Code – in the place where you would like your video to appear.
    (you can see it in action here: http://mike.premiumwebservices.eu/listing/depeche-mode/ – just click on the ‘Video’ tab).

Kind regards,

Richard

• Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 60 points
    August 3, 2013 at 6:11 am

That’s brilliant Richard, great work. I’ll give that a go!

If I wanted to display more than 1, would it just put the videos one after the other using shortcode [YOUTUBE]?

Kind Regards
    Mark

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    August 3, 2013 at 9:47 am

First you would need the plugin to do that and then it will enable just one video (as you can have only one ‘youtube’ custom field)

I have seen somewhere on the forum where Mark mentioned that if you use WordPress 3.6, it will convert all youtube links to videos. Need to confirm it first.

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    August 3, 2013 at 10:08 am

Ok, just tried it and upgraded to WP3.6 and it does not play the youtube link as video so back to the plugin.
    I can update the plugin to support multiple custom fields (like youtube, youtube1, youtube2…..youtube9)

The plugin should be available on my website later today or tomorrow.

• Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 60 points
    August 3, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Hi Richard, thanks for looking into it for me. If you wouldn’t mind updating your plugin then that would be great and would achieve exactly what I need. Have you got a link to your plugin download page?
    Many thanks
    Mark

• Fui Sinn
    Fui Sinn
    Newbie 21 points
    May 11, 2014 at 2:56 am

I’m trying to upload documents (PDF) in listing page. How do you create the custom field for upload document ?

How do you create a new tab called ‘Documents’ in the listing page ?

I read the thread above but I do not understand. :(

• Malgorzata
    Malgorzata
    Super Guru 1,606 points
    May 11, 2014 at 3:04 am

you can try to create a field called: upload PDF, just as we do upload video; if the user can upload other files it should work for PDF.
    If not send a Q’ to support

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)