Add email recipient

• Garrett
    Garrett
    Newbie 3 points
    August 21, 2013 at 1:59 am

Is there a way to add an email recipient for the contact form on a listing? So if I create a listing for business A, I can input their email address for contact purposes. Business B has a different email address etc.

I have a theory that if businesses are offered free leads, they might be willing to claim their listing to fill their profile out more fully.

Any thoughts?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 21, 2013 at 4:10 am

im afraid not, thats basically spam as your assigning emails without their consent.

• Garrett
    Garrett
    Newbie 3 points
    August 21, 2013 at 5:54 am

In order to be in compliance with the CAN-SPAM act a person needs to include a mailing address and unsubscribe option. Well, for the U.S. anyways, unless you already have some form of a relationship. I guess I never considered sending “request a quote” or potential sales questions to a company being seen as spam. Valid point though. I’ll have to research more. Not much for starting anything out going the scammy route. Bad ju-ju that.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 21, 2013 at 6:15 am

yeh but emailing someone and including an opt out link will still get your site black listed for spam if they didnt request to be emailed in the first place.

its only my option though 🙂 your welcome to do as you desire.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes