Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Add coupon – Store list not sorted

• Chris
    Chris
    Newbie 36 points
    July 12, 2019 at 10:35 am
    Also, I must be the only one with this problem? i’m surprised no one else has an issue with it? Can’t see anyone else mention it when i search the forum

We all have this problem. And it’s in every instance where stores are listed in admin, and on front end elementor widgets as well. it’s been brought up many times and is even on the “suggestions” page https://www.premiumpress.com/ideas/ “Make Store / Category lists in admin areas Alphabetically ordered”, but there has never been any fix or reply to the suggestion or previous posts.

I’ll see if I can get JamesD’s code to work as well, this particular bug has been a nightmare and causes constant problems for me.

• Chris
    Chris
    Newbie 36 points
    July 12, 2019 at 11:21 am

@JamesD I have tested your code a few different ways and am unable to get it to work for me also.
    1) I tried in the core _functions.php file, both with and without the “Make sure it’s the “Add Coupon” page before adding” line active.
    2) same as above – but in my child theme functions.php
    Zero JS errors on all attempts.

I believe this bug comes down to a couple of things.
    1) You can’t test it in a clean install of 9.27 – even with sample dummy data installed. It shows up after real-world usage with a high quantity of stores and coupons, made in real-world usage order (Random).
    2) This is about the IDs of the stores. The core is displaying any instance of a “stores list” by ID throughout the site -vs- alphabetically. This includes the following abbreviated list of occurrences I’ve seen and been troubled by and create poor UI/UX.
    – Admin>Coupons>Stores
    – Admin>Coupons>Add new | Edit
    – Front end stores page
    – Elementor “Widgets Stores”
    – Elementor “Stores Carousel”
    All of these examples show stores in order of ID. Not alphabetically and it sure would be great to have that acknowledged and fixed for all of us that have complained about the poor UI/UX.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    July 12, 2019 at 10:49 pm

@Chris
    There was only one area that I was targeting and it doesn’t cover the widgets, only the add/edit coupon page. No other location or page will be affected without additional changes. Adjustments to allow other pages can be made though.

Note: The script should be placed right above the last ?> in the _functions.php/functions.php file in the child theme.

Yes, I’m still using the default data, but it shouldn’t matter since it goes by the title/text and not the numeric value (store IDs). I’d be happy to import a large store list to verify this for you if someone already has something available they can export.

This is what I experience on the adding/editing coupon page before and after the script is added.

Does that any?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)