Add banner

• Tim
    Newbie 2 points
    October 15, 2015 at 6:30 pm

When I go to add banner it takes me to add new page, I must be missing something? The add new page just has custom fields area, do I need to create a custom field or how do I set up banners?
    Thanks

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    October 16, 2015 at 12:34 pm

Hello Tim,
    To add a banner go to Theme Options >Advertising Setup >Banners >Add Banner

• Tim
    Newbie 2 points
    October 16, 2015 at 6:05 pm

Hi Josh,
    Thanks for the response. I put in image html code in the banner code section, and the image didn’t show up, the only thing that showed up was the sample banner image. I’ve also added the banner in the media section it just doesn’t show up.

Thanks,
    Tim

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    October 16, 2015 at 6:26 pm

@Tim Sound like you have enabled Sell Space.There are two options to add banners:
    1.Advertising Setup >Sell Space -Allows you to add banner from frontend (Use the shortcode [SELLSPACE] to display advertising options within a page.)
    2.Advertising Setup >Banner -Allows you to add banner from admin section.
    In your case above you have enabled Sell Space.Turn off Sell Space for the banner you added to appear

This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.

• Tim
    Newbie 2 points
    October 16, 2015 at 9:51 pm

Thanks! That was the problem, I had sell space turned on so it wasn’t showing the banner. Everything works now though.

Tim

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    October 17, 2015 at 1:28 am

You’re welcome.Have a great weekend 🙂

• Kiran
    Kiran
    Elite Member 434 points
    October 17, 2015 at 3:33 am

Josh – The Rescue Man. doing some great job to help fellow premiumpressers

• Lars
    Lars
    Newbie 78 points
    October 26, 2015 at 4:55 pm

Hey Josh,

how can I as the admin use my custom banners with the “Sell Space” thing? Ich want to offer my customers to book ads but I also want to use the banner areas myself. How can I do that?

The other problem is that I want to use google ads in the 768×90 Premium Leaderboard Area.

AND: I want to translate everything but a lot of words or texts aren´t available in the language setup.

Can u help?

Cheers, Lars

• Lars
    Lars
    Newbie 78 points
    October 26, 2015 at 6:37 pm

Also the link of the ad banners added via frontend doesn´t work. would u recommedn updating to 8.8 to solve the problems?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    October 27, 2015 at 2:42 am

you need to set the link to your created advertising page in the admin under general setup -> content -> page and button links.

• Lars
    Lars
    Newbie 78 points
    October 27, 2015 at 6:41 pm

Hey Mark,

so I have to go to that page and button links and set Premium Ads like I had?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Lars
    Lars
    Newbie 78 points
    October 27, 2015 at 6:45 pm

This is where the link goes to after klicking:

https://www.kiteboerse-kleinanzeigen.de/out/19581/url/

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    October 27, 2015 at 6:48 pm

@Lars Currently you can only add an image as a banner if using ‘Sell space’.If using sellspace you can add a banner under My Account >Premium Advertising >My Banners >Upload Banner.

• Lars
    Lars
    Newbie 78 points
    October 27, 2015 at 7:07 pm

Hey Josh, that works and it also shows the banner but the link does not work.

• Carolina
    Carolina
    Newbie 7 points
    October 28, 2015 at 10:22 am

I’m following this and hope for improvements, discovered the same thing that something is wrong with the link.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes