Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

502 Gateway Error – Site unusable

• Ben
    Newbie 10 points
    June 19, 2019 at 4:22 pm

This theme continues to generate a 502 gateway error when anyone logins using the /wp-login.php page.

Admin log is possible using /wp-admin

It has effectively made the site unusable since I can’t complete the site and launch it while this error persists.

Obviously I’ve raised a ticket but the past two responses (taking two days) have been unhelpful and now it’s been ignored for another 24 hours. So no progress for three days now.

The hosting company have proved it’s not plugins by disabling them all, but when they disabled the dating theme and used WordPress 2018 theme instead the error disappeared, so there’s a clear indication that the fault is with the theme.

The site is running on PHP v7.3 and it’s a clean, fresh install.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    June 20, 2019 at 9:22 pm

Hello Ben,

This is actually a common occurrence with WP (in general) and could be caused by a number of reasons. I’m thinking it started after making some sort of change with the site.

A couple questions…
    Do you have a URL you can post to view the error or any other details on the error (i.e. error log)?
    What was the last change(s) made prior to the issue?

• Ben
    Newbie 10 points
    June 21, 2019 at 4:59 am

Hello James,

The only changes I’ve made are those associated with the options within the admin dashboard in order to tailor the site to the particular audience. I haven’t fiddled with any other settings.

The 502 error occurred when it was on CloudFlare so I reverted to the hosting company and it remains.

Alex says that Mark needs to check the database but he hasn’t done so (even though I raised it as critical). All I’m getting from the support desk is radio silence with the occasional procrastinating update.

Support seems to consist of Marie and Alex with Mark as an escalation point. Is that correct?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    June 21, 2019 at 5:53 am

@Ben

Support seems to consist of Marie and Alex with Mark as an escalation point. Is that correct?

I take it that way as well.
    Unfortunately, I don’t believe there’s really a good way of knowing who is the official support here. Like you, we wouldn’t know unless we submit support tickets. Thanks.

Marie has been the most consistent of the group in the forum from what I’ve seen.

• Ben
    Newbie 10 points
    June 21, 2019 at 6:47 am

I suppose it’s another case of ‘you get what you pay for’. I thought I’d give PP another go having used it years ago but it’s got just as many bugs as it did back then (and typos etc), and it’s not realistic trying to complete a project when support tickets get no attention, or at least not for days at a time.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    June 21, 2019 at 9:42 pm

@Ben
    I totally agree.

It’s unfortunate.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)