Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

404 Error

August 4, 2014
Bryan Bryan
  • Bryan
    Bryan
    Newbie 7 points

I have tried to search for specific example of the problem that I am having but have not found one yet, so I am posting a new post.

The site in question is http://www.truechristiancontractors.com. When you click on a category, for example ‘Business Services’, you are redirected to a page that shows a marketing company that has listed…no problem. However, if you go back to the home page and try to click on ‘Marketing’ under ‘Business Services’, it is throwing 404 error.

Im sure that someone will reply that it is a permalink issue, but for a newbie as new as I am, I need a little more detail….layman terms on how to fix it.

Thank you for your patience and in advance for your help!!

Mike

August 4, 2014 at 2:37 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

try disabling plugins and turn off your permalinks, see if the error continues.

August 4, 2014 at 2:44 am
  • Clive
    Clive
    Super Guru 1,818 points

Seems to be working fine for me.

August 4, 2014 at 10:09 am
  • Bryan
    Bryan
    Newbie 7 points

Thanks for checking, Clive, but on all three browsers, I am still getting the 404. Did you try to click on the ‘Marketing’ link located on the home page under ‘Business Services’?

Mike

August 4, 2014 at 12:47 pm
  • Bryan
    Bryan
    Newbie 7 points

Thank you very much for your quick response, Mark. Again, being a newbie so please bear with me…I went into my directory using Filezilla, under wp-content, then themes. I expanded my current theme (DT) and templates…now Im stuck. Thanks again for being on top of these forum questions!

Mike

August 4, 2014 at 12:50 pm
  • Bryan
    Bryan
    Newbie 7 points

I have disabled all plugins and am trying to turn off permalinks by the way. Perhaps Im doing it wrong…ugh

August 4, 2014 at 12:51 pm
  • Clive
    Clive
    Super Guru 1,818 points

Getting Maintenance Mode now.

August 4, 2014 at 3:38 pm
  • Bryan
    Bryan
    Newbie 7 points

Sorry about that….try it now

August 4, 2014 at 4:16 pm
  • Bryan
    Bryan
    Newbie 7 points

Anyone….

August 6, 2014 at 12:50 am
  • Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 922 points

The Business services link goes to:

http://www.truechristiancontractors.com/listing-samplepost/business-services/

Which looks like your categories are subcats of listing-samplepost (a demo category?)

August 6, 2014 at 1:17 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

I’m not sure of your setup without seeing your admin pages but i suggest you remove your custom category permalinks and disable plugins (to prevent aching)

August 6, 2014 at 4:39 am
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team