4.3 Listing Creation User/Pass Fields Feature Bug

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 20, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Hi Mark,

I’ve just tested the new addition of the Username/Password/Email being listed at the top of a new listing creation. Look awesome and thanks so much for building this in.

I’ve come across a couple issues which I think could be bugs. Screenshots of points 1,2, and 3 attached.

1. Blank Alert Box – No Make Payment Link
    After filling out the “required” fields (I left one non-required custom field blank) and clicking “Save Listing”, there is a blank Alert box at the top. I was expecting to see the “Make Payment” link as before.

2. User Entered Password not Being Set Correctly
    My test user received my custom welcome email, but the password contained within was not the password I entered when creating the listing.

I entered “Welcome1” and the email shows the password as “info04” which seems to be the beginning of the email address I used with “04” replacing the “@” symbol.

In my welcome email, I am using these shortcodes:
    <p>Username: (user_login)</p>
    <p>Your Email: (user_email)</p>
    <p>Your Password: (password)</p>

3. I think this is a symptom of #1 above.
    Because the user cannot make payment, the listing doesn’t go live right away. Rather, it’s coming in as “pending review” as I have set.

Can other users please put this same process to the test and confirm you get the same results?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 20, 2013 at 3:52 pm

hi Adam

1. which field did u leave blank? also did u update your language file?

2. the username will be adjusted slightly as WP does not allow duplicate usernames so i set to to include a 2 didget number at the end to help them randomize more.

3. the user is auto logged in so they should still be able to make payment, i couldnt replicate this.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 20, 2013 at 3:54 pm

your screenshot indicating password is also pointing to the username..so alittle confused.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 20, 2013 at 4:00 pm

iv tried this locally and it all seems fine, no off error messages or issues with payment.

iv adjusted the code slightly to check the username exists before adding the additional 2 didgits and will include that in the next update for you.

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 20, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Hi Mark,

I’m going to do a fresh run through video screencast and send you directly.

The screenshot above was a mistake. I meant to explain that the username is not the one I entered, and that the password in the email is blank.

Again, for clarity and to save some time with written explanations of what I’m seeing, I’ll get that screencast done in a bit and send it along.

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 20, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Mark, I just ran through the process again, and please accept my apologies. It seems that I had in fact used both test emails previously! That said, the error message when that happened was what you see in the first screenshot above…an alert with no message.

You’ve said you’ll build in the existing user/email checks and that is awesome. I’m looking forward to that.

Perhaps instead of auto-appending those additional 2 digits, the addition of two more error messages might be more useful from a user perspective.

i.e.
    “Username already in use. Please choose another.”

“Email already in use. Please use another email address or log into your account above.”

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 21, 2013 at 4:15 am

hi Adam

thanks for your feedback, for 4.4 ill add the checking of username first, no need to check email since if its registered the listing will be added to their account anwyay.

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 21, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Perfect:)

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 22, 2013 at 2:43 am

🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes