3 Questions on CouponPress

• Hari
    Hari
    Newbie 47 points
    August 15, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Hi,

I’m a couponpress (Responsive I guess) user.

I would like to few answers and hope our experts give their valuable inputs.

1. I’m using CSV Plugin to import files and coupons are populating. But if I click on Post name instead of “Click to reveal” or “Click to get” I don’t see a coupon over there which I was seeing before.

2. In permalinks, am getting store name+ a number (PAYTM-COM-2) why and how to change to make it cleaner? I can edit post, but I have more 500 posts to edit. any help?

3. What is the best way to update coupons. Lets say I imported 500 coupons today and if I do upload tomorrow 500 coupons which includes some old coupons from previous list, would they get overwrite?

For ex: uploaded today 500 coupons
    Uploaded tomorrow 500 coupons (with some old coupons and removed expired ones) So my website would have 500+400 (assuming 100 removed from previous list)

Thanks in advance
    Hari
    Couponmoon.in

• Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,710 points
    August 16, 2015 at 9:33 am

hi, which version you are using ?

• Hari
    Hari
    Newbie 47 points
    August 16, 2015 at 10:03 am

Thanks for Responding.

Am using 8.3

• Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,710 points
    August 16, 2015 at 10:21 am

1. Page setup > Content Setup > Listing Page > Select the php file in drop dropdown > Save Changes

2. You might have two stores with same name, that’s why you get number after permalink

3. Upload each coupons once. Otherwise use some plugins to remove duplicate coupons ( custom post ), google it.

This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.
  • Hari
    Hari
    Newbie 47 points
    August 16, 2015 at 10:42 am

Thanks.

1: Resolved many thanks

2. Got it will check

3. I’ll do that. But before that I’ll do some research and see.

Thanks Hemant

• Hari
    Hari
    Newbie 47 points
    August 16, 2015 at 12:45 pm

Dear Gurus,

Have a question but am not sure if this was already posted or resolved. I did search but didn’t find any appropriate results.

Questions is difference between categories and stores

My understanding is Categories is something large “electronics” or “travel” etc whereas the “Store” is limited to a particular business say “ebay” or “amazon” etc.

I want to know if there is a way or an option to link a store to a category? (by doing so, I wanted to see all websites under one category)

Thanks in Advance
    Hari

• Hari
    Hari
    Newbie 47 points
    August 16, 2015 at 12:58 pm

Also,

I have two more questions

1. Can I merge two stores in without loosing its coupons? If Yes, Could some one please help?
    (I have abc as one store and abc.com as another store)

2. i have 10 coupons for one store. But when I check the URL all of them have different to one another. For ex.. abc.com/coupon/xyz1 and abc.com/coupon/xyz2 etc.. how can I get abc.com/coupon/xyz and list all 10, 100, 1000 coupons at same link?

Thanks

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    August 16, 2015 at 5:11 pm

Hello Hari,
    Q1.Its not possible to merge stores.You can only create one store.
    Q2.Seems like you have two stores with the same name.Delete one store

• Hari
    Hari
    Newbie 47 points
    August 27, 2015 at 4:48 am

OK. So if if delete one store, how can I get the coupons moved under it to another store.

Lets say I have abc and abc.com are two different stores and each store has 5 unique coupons, and i wanted to retain abc.com and delete abc, how can I get coupons under abc to abc.com?

Also, as the below question was not answered posting again to see if someone can enlighten me.

Questions is difference between categories and stores

My understanding is Categories are something large “electronics” or “travel” etc whereas the “Store” is limited to a particular business say “ebay” or “amazon” etc.

I want to know if there is a way or an option to link a store to a category? (by doing so, I wanted to see all websites under one category)

• Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,710 points
    August 27, 2015 at 7:04 am

Go to the Coupon Manager > Store > See the store that you want to delete , lets you have Flipkart.com and Flipkart. You want to delete Flipkart.com and want to have all its coupons inFlipkart.

On Flipkart.com, click on the the number showing number of coupons, then select all, edit > Set Store to Flipkart and Update

Then delete Flipkart store.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes