Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Work needed – Generate orders file to FTP

• Dan
    Dan
    Newbie 66 points
    July 30, 2013 at 10:54 am

Hi,

I have an orders / inventory management system and need to link up my current shopper press website.

When an order comes in I need these details to be put into a file on the server so the software can pick it up and report it into the software.

Once the order details file have been produced into a file it needs to confirm dispatch of the order in shopperpress.

My inventory management software will also dump a file onto the server with SKU and QTY fields and this needs to update the DB so the shopperpress stock levels are accurate. Also when its out of stock / goes to 0 then the product needs to say its out of stock or be removed from the website (but not deleted)

I was going to go on e-lance but thought ill see if any of you guys can do this. I am willing to pay, I do have limited funds so please ensure the quote is not silly.

Kind regards
    Dan

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    July 30, 2013 at 11:02 am

You should post it on the Job Board: http://jobs.premiumpress.com/

What sort of format are the files supposed to be in? How does the software ‘pick up’ the file? Does the software support life xml feeds or some sort of API?

Kind regards,

Richard

• Ian
    Ian
    Super Guru 1,200 points
    July 30, 2013 at 11:04 am

Hi Dan,
    You can message me on – http://webservices.cynian.net/contact/ or let me know your email address. I’d like to know more details.

Regards,

Ian

• Dan
    Dan
    Newbie 66 points
    July 30, 2013 at 11:21 am

ive just asked my provider about how they pick them up or if I FTP to them and what style of file they like.

I will get back to you both then.

Thanks

• Dan
    Dan
    Newbie 66 points
    July 31, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Hi, I have some spec of what I need doing.

Part 1
    I need a comma delimited file sent via FTP onto a orders/inventory management software server with SKU and QTY in.

Then I need the shopperpress website to pickup a similar file with SKU and QTY in and insert the changes into the shopperpress website so the stock levels match wht is on the server. (the server generates a SKU / QTY file every 4 hours)

Part 2
    The orders/inventory management server will have a file on its server with order id and address details/sku/title etc in. This is a comma csv file.
    The shopperpress website will need to pickup this file
    I need this imported into the orders area of the shopperpress website and I need to be able to select all and simply print them all and it generate a batch of invoices to print out. I have art work and text I want to put on it as a standard layout.

Part 3
    Upon clicking print it needs to send a confirmation of dispatch to the inventory/orders management server so it can confirm dispatch (via ftp – file will have order ID and something like “dispatched” in. The actual name is not confirmed yet.

This sort of process will be on going for other websites so I am looking to build up a relationship so the same process can be duplicated on different websites.

• Dan
    Dan
    Newbie 66 points
    July 31, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Any questions – ask me.
    If anyone can offer me a quote with a start time and you can guarantee you can do the work please reply or PM me.

Thank you

• Luhan Waththa
    Senior Member 161 points
    July 31, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Dan,

I can help you on this as well. But we don’t have PM in the new forum, Can you email me info@prestarist.com to discuss the job?

Thanks,
    Lu.

• Ian
    Ian
    Super Guru 1,200 points
    July 31, 2013 at 9:22 pm

Part 2
    The orders/inventory management server will have a file on its server with order id and address details/sku/title etc in. This is a comma csv file.
    The shopperpress website will need to pickup this file
    I need this imported into the orders area of the shopperpress website and I need to

1. When and from where did the inventory server get this data?
    2. What does the server do/change with the data?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    August 1, 2013 at 12:41 am

Please use the jobs board for work requests;

http://jobs.premiumpress.com

• Dan
    Dan
    Newbie 66 points
    August 1, 2013 at 8:02 am

Ian. I tried emailing you via feedback form but I dont think it went through?

regarding:
    1. When and from where did the inventory server get this data?
    =Its a seperate area where I enter the stock levels and inventry (I need the stock levels and orders from it fed into one area and it makes sense to have a special area on the website. (The provider of this management software said they cant have the orders from the website go into it to print from it, it has to be the other way around (annoying!)
    2. What does the server do/change with the data?
    = When a product sells in our small shop the stock is de-allocated. So we need stock level paraty on the website. It will be producing a file on the server to be picked up with SKU / QTY ready for the shopperpress website we made to pickup

Hope that answers.

My email is dan@choicebuy.co.uk

Ive posted this job and the posts in the jobs area as per mark to keep him happy :-)

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    August 1, 2013 at 8:23 am
    Ive posted this job and the posts in the jobs area as per mark to keep him happy

thank you :)

• Ian
    Ian
    Super Guru 1,200 points
    August 1, 2013 at 11:43 am

Ian. I tried emailing you via feedback form but I dont think it went through?

Funny, I just installed the Stop Spammers plugin before you filled out the contact form and it’s labelled your IP as a bot – less than 5 seconds to fill out a form ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    August 1, 2013 at 11:44 am

lol

• Dan
    Dan
    Newbie 66 points
    August 1, 2013 at 6:21 pm

I got l33t skills bruv! lol

• Dan
    Dan
    Newbie 66 points
    August 1, 2013 at 6:22 pm

did you get the email or do i need to repost and give it 10 secs or something? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)