WordPress in the Registration URL

• Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 441 points
    March 16, 2015 at 7:21 am

Regarding Any Theme:

How can this little issue be resolved. ” WordPress in the Registration URL”

I just noticed my address bar when logged out of admin viewing it from my potential site visitors point of view and saw the URL looked like this to Register on my site.

This was noticed in the Dating Theme (I assume it would be the same for all others)

ht tp://w ww.mywebsite.name/wp-login.php?action=register

I obviously dont want visitors to see what platform I am using eg: WordPress! So how can this be resolved? Anybody know?

😯

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    March 16, 2015 at 8:29 am

I think if anyone wants to know what system your using they only need to look at your source code as WP is referenced all over.

It maybe better to be more transparent to users rather than try and hide. I don’t think there is anything wrong with using WP as your core CMS.

This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.
  • Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 441 points
    March 16, 2015 at 8:51 am

It’s more about how viewers (customers) are used to seeing it in ones country of origin! there’s noting wrong with it, however nobody does it in Australia. unless it’s by accident!

Just looks strange to me personally as It’s not the normal here ! But certainly nothing wrong 🙂

• Clive
    Clive
    Super Guru 1,818 points
    March 16, 2015 at 9:07 am

however nobody does it in Australia.

To be fair, Australia is usually at least a couple of years behind the rest of the world. 😉

• Binesh
    Binesh
    Elite Member 431 points
    March 16, 2015 at 11:42 am

If you are very particular about changing it, you would want to try this tiny plugin.

Rename wp-login.php

Please back-up your data, before testing. I have tested it, and it works fine on wordpress 4.1, premiumpress responsive 8.1.

• Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 441 points
    April 2, 2015 at 8:42 am

@ Binish, Thank you 🙂 much appreciated.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    April 2, 2015 at 1:33 pm

🙂

• Mel
    Mel
    Newbie 17 points
    April 23, 2015 at 9:57 pm

Clive that is a very sweeping statement. One could say the same about all types of countries if you wanted to generalise.

• Mel
    Mel
    Newbie 17 points
    April 23, 2015 at 9:57 pm

Clive that is a very sweeping statement. One could say the same about all types of countries if you wanted to generalise.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes