Widgets not displaying properly on certain pages

• barrettmediallc
    barrettmediallc
    March 27, 2020 at 7:48 am

Im using widgets on search sidebar and page sidebar. Works fine on search sidebar and works fine on my login and register pages but on my How it Works page and my contact page the sidebar is squished like there needs to be code tweaked to allow more space to display or something. Ive attached an image to show, Any ideas?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    March 28, 2020 at 3:08 am

Hello,

It looks like the page was created/edited with Elementor (not default page-no editing). Would this be correct?
    Note: If you used Elementor to create the Contact Us page then you’ll need to edit the widget width/settings within the Elementor editor.

• barrettmediallc
    barrettmediallc
    March 28, 2020 at 3:14 am

I didnt see any option to modify page content unless I used elementor. How to I adjust those settings from within elementor?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    March 28, 2020 at 4:13 am

If you don’t need to make any changes, then I’d recommend keeping the default page by going to PremiumPress > Design Setup > Page Linking and set the Contact Us Page setting to Default Page.

Otherwise, as stated previously, you’ll need to mess with various settings to create the look you want.

Most of the widgets in Elementor should have settings displayed on the left of the page when you select one.

There are also Column and Section settings to make adjustments.

Opening the Elementor Navigator can help move to widgets quicker/easier. I open it in the video.

When you select a widget, and right click, you’ll see other various actions available.

The sidebar widget has minimal settings to work with. You can, however, re-create the sidebar in elementor to be able to adjust it (if you haven’t already).

Here’s a Video (no audio)

Hope it helps.

• barrettmediallc
    barrettmediallc
    March 28, 2020 at 4:17 am

When I remove all of the widgets that I added, the page reverts to using default widgets and the page looks fine.

• barrettmediallc
    barrettmediallc
    March 28, 2020 at 4:18 am

didnt see your post, will try messing with things somemore

• barrettmediallc
    barrettmediallc
    March 28, 2020 at 4:26 am

Im trying to do it on the how it works page, I tried sliding the sections but it still stays squished until its like almost 100% of the page, see video

• barrettmediallc
    barrettmediallc
    March 28, 2020 at 4:27 am

video attached hopefully

• barrettmediallc
    barrettmediallc
    March 28, 2020 at 4:29 am

keep getting upload errors, video is at barrettmedia.org/sidebar1.wmv

• JamesD
    JamesD
    March 28, 2020 at 4:39 am

Start inside then work your way out as need messing with the widgets or columns first. Right click the widget and click the ‘Reset Style’ to reset and try again.

If you’re using the default sidebar in Elementor you won’t be able to change anything. You’ll need to delete it then add a new sidebar widget.

Video #2

• barrettmediallc
    barrettmediallc
    March 28, 2020 at 5:01 am

You sir are a savior! your video showed me how to redo the sidebar and it worked perfecty. THANK YOU!

Any clue what I need to do to change the business hours time to 12hr time instead of the 24 hr time it is by defaut?

• Adnan
    Adnan
    March 28, 2020 at 12:09 pm

You need to change in widget-openinghours.php

around line 121:

REPLACE BOTH :

date(‘H:i A’, …

WITH

date(‘h:i A’, …

Better copy this file to your child theme so that it will not be overwritten in the next update.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    March 28, 2020 at 11:14 pm

“You sir are a savior! your video showed me how to redo the sidebar and it worked perfecty. THANK YOU!”

You’re welcome.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Copyright © 2010-2020 PremiumPress Limited.

secure payments