Website Screenshot Capture v2.4

WordPress Business Themes Forums General Discussion Website Screenshot Capture v2.4

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Website Screenshot Capture v2.4

July 10, 2018
Dave Dave

• Ole
    Newbie 19 points

Is there a way to change the size of the screenshot?

September 14, 2018 at 12:48 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

im afraid not

September 16, 2018 at 6:31 am

• Matthew
    Newbie 2 points

Hi Mark,

I’m having problems issues with v9x Directory Theme and the latest Website Screenshot Capture plugin not capturing the screenshot of the URL listing when new Listing created. I’ve added the Google API and the generated the API key and pasted into site, but still not working. Have I missed a step?
    Is there a video on this. It just seems to fallback to the default grey image. Any help is appreciated.. Thanks :-)

October 10, 2018 at 6:05 am

• A9
    Newbie 7 points

Mark, I’m trying this plugin again as it didn’t work before on my v9 directory theme. It’s important to me as the site looks terrible without the thumbnail images.

I have added my Pagespeed API key but there is no toggle to make the plugin work so I’m just waiting to see what happens.

1. How do I know it’s working as there is no feedback and I can’t see anything changing image-wise. There are no new images added to the media library and turning on ‘debug mode’ in the admin area does nothing. I presume it’s not working at all.

2. Also in the admin area for the plugin, “Select your Apptheme theme below to update” means nothing as there is no Apptheme shown below.

I have sent a ticket but it’s unanswered.

January 17, 2019 at 8:14 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

@A9, are you referring to the screenshot plugin or the appthemes plugin, im slightly confused now.

January 18, 2019 at 4:42 am

• A9
    Newbie 7 points

Hi Mark.

I am on the standard Directory Theme v9.2.2 and I’m using the plugin that is your plugins page called “Website Screenshot Capture”:

Website Screenshot Capture

When you land on that page it says V1.0 updated 31 July 2018 and it downloads as v9_website_thumbnails.zip

To manage this, I’m going to WordPress menu > PremiumPress > Screenshot Thumbs
    See my screenshot attached.

I have no idea what the ‘Appthemes’ line refers to?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    January 18, 2019 at 12:40 pm
  • Fernando
    Fernando
    Newbie 26 points

Hello all,
    I am using Directory ThemeVersion: 9.2.5 and I just installed the [MISC V9] – Website Thumbnails, however the Help Docs are out of date, Google API screens are completely different from the help and have so much more options and I can’t work it out how to create the API key.
    Any help ?
    My site is raised.org.uk
    Cheers

PS: The images on the listings are from previous versions of DT which the screenshot worked perfectly.

March 5, 2019 at 11:07 am
  • Paul
    Paul
    Newbie 33 points

Hi Mark and Fernando,
    I see your thumbnails are showing fine in your website Fernando, congratulations!

I’m using DT Version 9.2.7 with the same plugin installed, generated the API key and pasted it into the Screenshot Thumbs options page but still not generating screenshots.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

June 26, 2019 at 4:23 pm
  • Fernando
    Fernando
    Newbie 26 points

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much.

The screenshot is not working on my website, I simply screencapture the page and upload as featured image.
    I don’t know what happened and neither do they but what can you do ?
    If you find an answer or a solution please let us know :)
    Cheers and have a great day
    Fernando

June 28, 2019 at 8:20 am
  • Paul
    Paul
    Newbie 33 points

Hi Fernando,

Ah, sorry to hear you’ve had no success with the screencapture plugin. If you got stuck trying to find or generate a Google API for this, this is the page you need:

https://console.developers.google.com/apis/credentials

I’ve created an API and and also tried one I was using in a previous version of Directory Theme and still no web thumbnails are generated.

I’ll post here if I get anywhere, please keep me posted if you find a solution.

Thanks and have a great day too!

Paul

June 28, 2019 at 8:41 am
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team