Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

View/hit counter on coupon

• Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 12 points
    July 26, 2013 at 8:53 am

Since the upgrade there is no view/hit counter on the coupons.
    Support said this was not a support issue and to look in single.php, which it is not, I copied the entire old 7.0 single.php file over and still no hit counter.

Any clues folks would be gratefully received.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,822 points
    July 26, 2013 at 9:42 am

the display options changed in v7, the hits are still recorded but alot of people didnt want them to be seen so they were removed from the core display. You can edit the _item.php file and add them back with the code;

[code title=””]echo get_post_meta($post->ID,’hits’,true); [/code]

• Declan
    Declan
    Newbie 41 points
    July 26, 2013 at 10:50 am

is this going to be the same edit that needs to be done with coupon theme?

• Declan
    Declan
    Newbie 41 points
    July 26, 2013 at 11:46 am

is there an edit of class_coupons_defaults.php lines 20-25 and css.core_styles.css to show hits on front end to customers?

• Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 12 points
    July 26, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Hi Chaps,

Thanks for the hint.

Mark I tried that and pasted it in all over the page and nothing shows on the coupon.

could you please paste the surrounding code in here so I know where it should go exactly.

Many thanks.

BTW:

Why remove it, it was configurable was it not, minimum should have just been a comment on the code to stop it displaying.

• Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 12 points
    July 26, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Can’t be having this ..

I’ve downgraded and got the old coupon format back, it’s much better looking and more configurable.

If there are any files that need upgrading for security reasons that do not change the look and functions of my 7.0.9.6 site please let me know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)