user photo doesn't appear

• Hussain
    Hussain
    Senior Member 268 points
    May 14, 2015 at 1:38 pm

Hi guys

I came through this problem when I tried to upload a profile photo to my the admin account. So I uploaded the photo but all I saw was the default image unavailable error photo. I then tried to remove it but I couldn’t. I tried uploading the photo once again from the front end from “my account” page with the same problem. I went to the discussion settings of wordpress to double-check that the “show avatar” checkbox is ticked, and it was, but saw that all the default avatar images disappeared.

How would you get them back and make them show again? At least better than broken images show on the site.

Thanks guys

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    May 14, 2015 at 2:36 pm

Hello Hussain,
    Try to disable all your plugins first then try again

• Hussain
    Hussain
    Senior Member 268 points
    May 14, 2015 at 5:02 pm

Thanks Josh. I’m not sure I’m following though. This is not a plugin that I installed. It’s the WordPress avatars under wordpress menu settings>discussion.

Do I still have to try to disable all the plugins and check?

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    May 14, 2015 at 5:25 pm

If uploading the user image via the My Account section it should display correctly.Disabling all your plugins is just to check if any of your active plugins might be the one causing the problem.If disabling the plugins doesn’t solve the problem then i suggest you open a ticket

• Hussain
    Hussain
    Senior Member 268 points
    May 15, 2015 at 7:47 am

I just tried deactivating all the plugins and then went to upload my photo through My Account page but I still fail. So I’m submitting a ticket now. I’ll create a temp. user account with admin privileges but can you give an email address please?

Thanks

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    May 15, 2015 at 9:58 am

If you did submit a ticket then no worries 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes