an
groups-icon

Upgrading Couponpress to 7.1.4 : Problems and Questions

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Jill Armour
    0 points
    Beginner

I’m having lots of problems with this upgrade. I have been running couponpress off of a child theme. Not the ones supplied by Premium Press, but one made using the WordPress plugin Child Themify. It simply copies the stylesheet and any changes go there. Been running it like that for quite some time with no problem. I’m also running it on a multisite install.

So, I deleted V6.5 and installed 7.1.4. No site. So I themified the new version, activated that, and got a basic empty site. I lost all my store descriptions and their connections to their logos. When I ran an icodes import, it would say each store already existed, although they didn’t when I first checked. Now they are there.

My logos are still in the media library. It looks like couponpress has it’s own media library. How can I move my logos over to it? 100s of them. Or is couponpress now using website thumbnails? And if so, how do I get those?

Second day, some of the store description are back. But not all of them.

My blog articles were listed as coupons, although they didn’t show on the live side. I moved them to the right post type, so this is just an FYI.

Now, as I re-enter a store description, it shows up as it should. But the logos don’t. Also, there is no upload button for the logos, just for icons, although the box for logos is still there as before. And you can’t go to the media library from that upload dialog, so I have to open the media library in another tab, find the image, copy it’s url, and paste it into what used to be the logo/image box. But they still don’t show up on the live side. They do show in the stores list, but not with the coupon, like they did before.

I’m not getting nearly all the imports from icodes. I got a few duplicate coupons, and now I’m afraid to try again. Why did it stop, with several hundred more offers to go? I know, this is probably an icodes problem, but maybe not.

Where is paging added? I have 12 coupons on the home page, but no paging. If I click on a particular store, it shows their coupons with paging.

I can’t get the widgets to show on the right. They are on the bottom of the page, after the listings. I have picked the 2 column layout, and set the left column to 0 px, just in case.

My coupons import with the superadmin as the author. How can I make them use another user? Automatically, for icode imports.

My coupons are all computer things, so I have to put them into categories manually. When I choose a few to edit all at once, I can put them into a new category, but I can’t remove the old (default import) one. When I go to edit them, no category at all shows as being chosen. If I edit each one individually, either as full edit or quick edit, it’s ok, just not editing in groups. But, quick edit also changes the post author back to the one I don’t want.

Is there a way to have “expiring soon” coupons featured or shown first or somehow categorized for easy access?

I have all registration and member things shut off, but I still have “login” and “register” in the search bar. How do I make those go away?

Is there a place to automatically no-follow the coupons? I see where you can no-follow stores, but not coupons.

That’s all for now. I’m feeling overwhelmed!

Thanks for any help anyone can offer 🙂

February 17, 2015 at 11:09 pm
  • Aaron Whittaker
    4 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    February 17, 2015 at 11:53 pm
  • Jill Armour
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    February 18, 2015 at 5:15 am
  • Jill Armour
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    February 18, 2015 at 9:13 am
  • Aaron Whittaker
    4 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    February 18, 2015 at 11:25 am
  • Jill Armour
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    February 18, 2015 at 5:30 pm
  • Josh njenga
    -10 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    February 18, 2015 at 5:54 pm
  • Jill Armour
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    February 18, 2015 at 10:25 pm
  • Mark Fail
    11,847 points
    Platinum User
    Bronze User Silver User Gold User Platinum User Helpful Award Fast Responder Thank You Coffee Villian Award Video Testimonial
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    February 18, 2015 at 10:52 pm
  • Jill Armour
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    February 18, 2015 at 10:56 pm
  • Aaron Whittaker
    4 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    February 19, 2015 at 12:00 am
  • Jill Armour
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    February 19, 2015 at 2:25 am
  • Aaron Whittaker
    4 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    February 19, 2015 at 3:20 am

Views

Replies