Update kicked my behind but good

• Audree
    Audree
    Senior Member 128 points
    August 4, 2013 at 10:19 am

I just did the update without reading the warnings first so now all my good features don’t work and my difficult features took over and many of my favorites are missing. Is there a way to roll back to where I was rather than install each of the fixes as they roll out? I do have a semi recent backup however I have no clue how to implement any of that either. I was just getting to a point where it almost seemed like I knew what I was doing and I had an awesome color scheme going but now, not so much. Please help

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    August 4, 2013 at 10:26 am

What update are you talking about? WordPress update, theme update or updating from PremiumPress to the new Responsive Framework?

Kind regards,

Richard

• Maria Leda
    Maria Leda
    Newbie 8 points
    August 4, 2013 at 11:00 am

I was loving my design and all the features of my site and was excited to launch it proudly when I was hit with problems after upgrading to the latest WordPress. Anybody out there who followed Mark’s directions of uploading the PPT.zip file and still the problems are not fixed even if the cookies and cache have been refreshed? My Advance Search has an internal server error…. is it just my site or do others have this problem after the WP upgrade? I’m so curious to know.

• Maria Leda
    Maria Leda
    Newbie 8 points
    August 4, 2013 at 11:11 am

Oh by the way, this is what Mark said is the problem… perhaps it applies to yours. And here is the supposed fix (though mine has still the problems):

“this is because you updated your wordpress to 3.6, please see the forum posts;

https://www.premiumpress.com/forums/topic/3-6-issues-with-non-repsonsive-framework/page/3/#post-7533

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    August 4, 2013 at 11:13 am

Mark has updated the theme files so you might try downloading the latest updated version of the theme and reinstall.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 4, 2013 at 2:31 pm

the files in the thread will fix the admin and slider issues with the 3.6 as explained.

• Audree
    Audree
    Senior Member 128 points
    August 4, 2013 at 10:38 pm

Hi sorry for the delay here. I am really unsure which update but I believe it was WP I am now on 3.6 I only went from the plugin screen, it said I had an update so I said update. Coupon Press I am on 7.1.3

• Audree
    Audree
    Senior Member 128 points
    August 4, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Ok, thanks Maria and everyone else for your inputs. I will give it a try.

• Audree
    Audree
    Senior Member 128 points
    August 4, 2013 at 11:28 pm

What if I dont know how to update using this method from the “forum link” where can find the video tutorial that specifically shows uploading this kind of fix and shows me how and where to put it etc (not the updating themes or plugin videos and that is all I can find)
    sorry, I am a rookie

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 5, 2013 at 2:48 am

Audree, if your still unsure send a ticket and ill one of the team will update it for you.

• Audree
    Audree
    Senior Member 128 points
    August 5, 2013 at 4:14 am

Thank you very much Mark. I will do that now.

• Audree
    Audree
    Senior Member 128 points
    August 5, 2013 at 8:06 am

Unfortunately I put in the ticket as you suggested and got a rather nasty reply. I can understand how busy you must be and I don’t want to be any further trouble so if you can just give me an idea of when you anticipate the patch will be released?

Being my first visit here, I wanted to thank you once again for all your help I really have appreciated your expertise and kindness. good luck with all this. Looking forward to (lots) more of your videos :0)
    Regards,
    audree

• Binesh
    Binesh
    Elite Member 431 points
    August 5, 2013 at 9:43 am

Being a non-technical person, I was so eager to click on the update button ignoring the warnings, and the WordPress got updated to 3.6. My calendar plugin stopped working, and I was not able to use ‘quick edit’ and many other minor issues.

https://www.premiumpress.com/forums/topic/3-6-issues-with-non-repsonsive-framework/page/3/#post-7533

I followed the above thread and downloaded the attached file, extracted, and uploaded both as instructed via FTP.

jquery.lightbox goes to
    /wp-content/themes/directorypress/PPT/js/lightbox

slider2-3-4-5 goes to
    /wp-content/themes/directorypress/PPT/js/slide

Hope I have done the right thing. Any way website is running fine now. I think the process is same for all non-responsive themes.

Most of us use free plugins from word press repository which may not be compatible with 3.6. As the plugins are free, it might take sometime for the developers to test and make it compatible with the latest version of word press.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Audree
    Audree
    Senior Member 128 points
    August 6, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Thanks Binesh however, I have done this ftp 5 times now. I am stuck!

• Binesh
    Binesh
    Elite Member 431 points
    August 7, 2013 at 3:44 am

You have a ‘semi recent backup’ right? I suggest you to request your hosting provider to help you to restore your back up, as it is a very easy job for them. My provider always helps. But please make sure that you have the recent backup on your computer.

Another option is to replicate the exact issue that you are facing with ‘screen shot’ or ‘video’ and website link on this forum. There are many experienced people on this forum including professional web developers who are willing to help free of cost.

Final option is to use Job Board 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes