Unable to add any business listings in directory theme

• Carol
    Carol
    Newbie 15 points
    April 5, 2020 at 7:39 am

Everytime I try to edit or add a new business listing – I am being given an error messages, saying please complete all fields, but all fields are completed?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,719 points
    April 6, 2020 at 3:45 am

Hello Carol,

I’ve ran into similar before, but haven’t dug into it.

I believe it has to do with the Location when using Google Maps. You can try and enter a full address for the location to see if it accepts it or try disabling Google Maps and see if the message still pops up.

• Carol
    Carol
    Newbie 15 points
    April 6, 2020 at 7:01 am

Hi James – have tried both of those suggestions, but still no joy – I think I have tried just about everything, switching options on and off and it isnt working – it might be something really silly that I have missed or something else, but Im totally at a loss right now πŸ™

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,719 points
    April 6, 2020 at 10:08 pm

Hello Carol,

A few questions please…
    Are you using a child theme? If so, which one?
    Does this happen via user add/edit listings page or admin and user?
    Is the “add event” page the page you’re referring to? If so, is it custom?
    Do you have a URL you can provide?

• Carol
    Carol
    Newbie 15 points
    April 7, 2020 at 4:09 pm

Hi there – I am using the hotel child theme and this happens whenever I try to add/edit a listing as myself (admin) or a new user or an existing user from the front end add business links – the add listing page is the default page

https://thehow2girl.com/directory is the website

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,719 points
    April 8, 2020 at 12:53 am

Hello Carol,

It looks like it’s pulling in the required fields in the contact form, which it shouldn’t.

Try removing the “Contact Us” form in the right sidebar.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,719 points
    April 8, 2020 at 12:55 am

Note: You’ll notice that I did create an account as well that you can remove once confirmed.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,719 points
    April 8, 2020 at 1:03 am

@Carol

I just confirmed it, you can see my post. It is pulling the required fields from “Need Help” form.

• Carol
    Carol
    Newbie 15 points
    April 8, 2020 at 7:59 am

Awesome – have removed the contact form and it works!! – you are a star! THANK YOU so much – something so simple yet so challenging to find πŸ™‚

Can I ask a different question? Is it possible to make the large listing image overlay on the listings page a different colour (it is black at the moment which doesnt really look right for this topic of directory)?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,719 points
    April 8, 2020 at 6:40 pm

@Carol

Try adding this to your custom CSS:

#widget-single-hero .overlay2 { background: #47c5cd99; }

Note: Replace the #47c5cd portion with the color you would like and keep the trailing 99 to retain the same opacity.

• Carol
    Carol
    Newbie 15 points
    April 10, 2020 at 7:15 am

Brilliant – THANK YOU – works great πŸ™‚

Hope its ok to ask another couple of questions

– I don’t think this is a simple css fix though – the wording on the login/register screen red bar across the top of the page says please login to add your business – rather than please login or register?

– is there a way to add to a sidebar without losing what is already in the sidebar

– BIG frustration that I dont know why is also that the set header design (from the design setup area) keeps going back to default and I have to keep going into the header design to change it back to menu on on homepage, menu bar background colour etc – seems to happen mostly if I have been into design setup and changed anything anywhere (but I dont change the header – it just changes itself) πŸ™

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,719 points
    April 10, 2020 at 8:29 pm

@Carol

“- I don’t think this is a simple css fix though – the wording on the login/register screen red bar across the top of the page says please login to add your business – rather than please login or register?”

I’m not seeing a red bar, how can I get to that page or see what you’re referring to?

“– is there a way to add to a sidebar without losing what is already in the sidebar”

If you’re using the default sidebar in Elementor you won’t be able to change anything. You’ll need to delete it then add a new sidebar widget and arrange/add/edit as needed.

Here’s a video that goes through the motion of re-creating a sidebar widget.
    Video (no audio)

“– BIG frustration that I dont know why is also that the set header design (from the design setup area) keeps going back to default and I have to keep going into the header design to change it back to menu on on homepage, menu bar background colour etc – seems to happen mostly if I have been into design setup and changed anything anywhere (but I dont change the header – it just changes itself)”

Yes, I’m pretty sure that’s a bug.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes