an
groups-icon

Trying to fix 500 Internal Server Error

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Jasper van der Bliek
    0 points
    Beginner

Hi all

I have a very serious problem with my website Shoppingdeals4u.com; the dreaded 500 Internal Server Error. And the very insistent sort, it’s been like this for several days now and I can’t figure out how to fix it.

The status right now is that I can access the WordPress admin area (but very slow), but the main site returns the 500 Internal Server Error.

The following has been done, replace .htaccess file and disabled all plugins. After I had renamed the .htaccess file I was able to access the admin area where I disabled all plugins. This however has not fixed the error.

I have the Responsive Framework version 6.5.6 of the Coupon Theme, using child theme Coupon Orange (from March 2014). I know it’s an old version but I used to have tech issues with with updating that’s why I did not go to the later versions.

The first problems with the server error started occurring around 1st of May, this is also when I updated WordPress to the latest version. I now have version 4.2.2. Are there known issues with older versions of the framework?

I use shared hosting with Godaddy. They were helpful in the initial stages to get the admin area back up but according to them the problem is with the coding in my site and I am not good enough with coding to attempt to solve this myself.

One other thing the hosting tried was to switch to the default theme and that resulted in the site working (but without any content). If I look at the error log, with the limited knowledge I have about this, it also seems to point to an issue with the theme. Here is the error that most frequently occurs:

12-May-2015 18:12:35 Europe/London] WordPress database error Lost connection to MySQL server during query for query SELECT meta_key FROM wp_postmeta WHERE meta_key !=’_wp_page_template’ AND meta_key !=’_edit_last’ AND meta_key !=’_edit_lock’ AND meta_key !=’_encloseme’ AND meta_key !=’_pingme’ GROUP BY meta_key made by require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’), include(‘/themes/CP656/index.php’), white_label_themes->ITEM_CONTENT, white_label_themes->CUSTOMFIELDLIST

I attach a zip version of the error log to this post.

I hope someone on here can help me get the site back up and running. This situation is really painful.

Jasper

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    May 12, 2015 at 5:42 pm
  • James D
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    May 13, 2015 at 12:52 am
  • Aaron Whittaker
    4 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    May 13, 2015 at 12:57 am
  • Jasper van der Bliek
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    May 13, 2015 at 7:53 am
  • Mark Eting
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    May 13, 2015 at 8:50 am
  • Aaron Whittaker
    4 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    May 13, 2015 at 9:35 am
  • Jasper van der Bliek
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    May 13, 2015 at 9:45 am
  • Jasper van der Bliek
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    May 13, 2015 at 10:11 am
  • Aaron Whittaker
    4 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    May 13, 2015 at 1:02 pm
  • Jasper van der Bliek
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    May 13, 2015 at 5:36 pm
  • Shawn Carpenter
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    May 15, 2015 at 5:58 am

Views

Replies