Tickets not replied

• rie
    Newbie 17 points
    March 25, 2020 at 4:50 pm

There are two tickets opened without a reply since March 20th.

1. [GXJ-731-31321] related to a bug concerning WPML, which is stated in the features list of this website as being supported. The WPML team asked to contact the theme support — considering they mention the theme supports it, and the devs should be able to contact them (WPML) to resolve it.

I understand, in this case, the issue could be complex and could take some time to be resolved, but at least reply something.

2. [ELS-639-94724] A ticket less important, but still. We never had the package of what we bought available in the client area (it was only available through the payment gateway at the time the theme was bought).

• Adnan
    Adnan
    Elite Member 527 points
    March 25, 2020 at 7:40 pm

Hello, can you post your ticket related WPML also here?

• rie
    Newbie 17 points
    March 27, 2020 at 12:28 pm

Sure @Adnan.

The site we are working on contains two languages English (default) and Portuguese (pt-pt) – already with translated content.

The problem:

When the language of the site is changed to Portuguese > Minha Conta (My Account) > Minhas Listas (My Listings) > list named “Lista Test” > click the floating edit button on the right of the screen:

– the page changes back to the English page instead of going to the Portuguese page.

I leave the link of a video showing the issue:

https://www.loom.com/share/7f1c246da2ee45a486de4aaa74072888

• Adnan
    Adnan
    Elite Member 527 points
    March 27, 2020 at 3:39 pm

@rie : I see what you mean. The problem here is you need to add a Portuguese add listing page: site.com/pt-pt/add-listing

but it will still not work due to the fact that add-listing page is stored in database and it’t not designed to use with wpml.

You also need to change author-toolbox.php around line: 148

REPLACE

… echo _ppt(array(‘links’,’add’)); …

WITH:

… echo get_permalink(apply_filters(‘wpml_object_id’, 111, ‘page’, true)); …

Replace 111 with your post ID of your english add listing page.
    Better to make your changes in child theme so that it will not be overwritten in the next update.
    I did not test it, so just try and let me know.

• rie
    Newbie 17 points
    March 30, 2020 at 2:04 pm

Hi Adnan,

I appreciate your attempt to help (we tried and didn’t work).

Anyway, I’m a firm believer that everyone should be entitled to be paid for their work. In this case, it’s premiumpress staff job to fix what’s not working correctly.

We paid for a theme that is supposed to have certain features/functions. WPML is one of the highlighted features on the premiumpress.com webpage. If it’s not 100% compatible – which seems to be the case – it could be considered nothing else than a marketing trick to sell their product. Either that or something changed recently, which in that case, it should be easy enough for them to fix – or at least provide an official reply and ask us for a bit of patience while they solve it.

In the meanwhile, we have found other bugs. Such as widgets not working correctly when the order of the widgets are changed. Although, we believe their latest fixes on our installation specifically regarding another bug caused this one. We asked for the archive (zip) containing the original theme to install in a subdomain so that we could compare and check if it was the case — which so far we were not given access to.

Another bug we found was related to the navbar, where the option to hide or show within the theme doesn’t work. They fixed it by using CSS to hide it (display: none), which our frontend developer could have done that easily. This one alone is a lazy patch and not exactly a fix.

We are having patience because of this virus situation, as we understand each company deals with it differently and must have some time to adapt to it. Although patience won’t last forever – even if this worldwide situation continues for more time.

Hopefully, they can fix all of these bugs. If no fixes are provided, we will have to find another solution, and we will be asking for a refund — even if more than the 30 days have passed. It’s the least they can do if they are honest people.

• rie
    Newbie 17 points
    March 30, 2020 at 2:41 pm

> Although, we believe their latest fixes on our installation specifically regarding another bug caused this one.

We found an archive with the original theme without any fixes. It’s another bug, unrelated to the one that was fixed previously (where the Top Listings shows the How it Works webpage).

• Adnan
    Adnan
    Elite Member 527 points
    March 30, 2020 at 3:23 pm

Hello Ricardo,

sorry to hear that. I tested it for you in my installation, it worked for me.

The line you have to change is 167 , not 148.

• rie
    Newbie 17 points
    March 31, 2020 at 2:19 pm

Hi Adnan,

I made that change (See the image: bt-edit-listing-line-code.png), but when you click on the edit button to go to the edit page the edit page does not appear, simply just stay on the page of the list (See the image “bt-edit-listing-line-front.png”)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Adnan
    Adnan
    Elite Member 527 points
    March 31, 2020 at 3:37 pm

Hi Rie, the apostrophes look strange. (for wpml_object_id & page) Probably, the forum changed the characters. Please replace it with the regular apostrophes.

• rie
    Newbie 17 points
    April 1, 2020 at 9:32 am

Hi Adnan,

I changed the apostrophes, but unfortunately the result is the same.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Adnan
    Adnan
    Elite Member 527 points
    April 1, 2020 at 1:54 pm

@Rie: Did you also translate your add listing page and selected the template [PAGE – ADD LISTING] ?

If you want me to have a look, let me know how I can contact you.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes