Tagline and short description are gone

WordPress Business Themes Forums Version 7 Themes CouponPress Tagline and short description are gone

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Tagline and short description are gone

August 11, 2016
Sofie Sofie
  • Sofie
    Sofie
    Senior Member 158 points

Hello,

Sometimes my tagline and short description are gone. What is the solution for this? I’m using CouponPress Version Number 7.1.4.

Thanks!

August 11, 2016 at 7:57 am
  • Alex Morgan
    Alex Morgan
    Super Guru 1,110 points

Hi Sofie,

Are you using cache plugins?

Also have you checked our new responsive theme?

The problem here is this theme is too old, we disconnected it 2 years ago now.

I can only suggest you look at our new responsive themes as issues with the old themes will not be fixed as we no longer provide support or updates.

wordpress coupon theme

My apologises for any inconvenience.

August 11, 2016 at 9:18 am
  • Sofie
    Sofie
    Senior Member 158 points

I know that the couponpress theme is not updated and supported anymore, but it’s not possible to convert the old theme with the new theme. We already checked it some time ago.

It’s no cache problem

When the tagline and the short description are gone, I can still add the tagline in the additional fields, but the short description isn’t an option in the additional fields. Isn’t there a possibility to add the short description also to the additional fields?

Thanks

August 11, 2016 at 10:24 am
  • Alex Morgan
    Alex Morgan
    Super Guru 1,110 points

Hi Sofie,

How do you mean that is not possible? You can transfer the old data using the premiumpress transfer tool to the new responsive theme then just map the coupon field and url through Theme setup > Coupon settings.

August 11, 2016 at 10:32 am
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,885 points

***Steps to transfer from non-responsive theme to responsive theme:

1. Please make a backup for your site database and files.
    2. Please download the responsive theme and install it to your site.
    3. Activate the theme.
    4. Please change the Permalinks to default/Plain.
    5. Please download the PremiumPress Non-Responsive – Responsive Import Tool >>http://www.premiumpress.com/plugin/premiumpress-transfer-tool/
    6. Install and Activate the plugin
    7. After that please go Theme Options > Premiumpress tab/Overview.
    8. You can then transfer the old data listings to your new theme.
    9. Setup your new theme options
    10. done

August 11, 2016 at 12:05 pm
  • Alex Morgan
    Alex Morgan
    Super Guru 1,110 points

:)

August 11, 2016 at 12:10 pm
  • Sofie
    Sofie
    Senior Member 158 points

It’s not possible because I have a selfmade template (vakantieplatform.com and debestetips.com). My programmer already checked if he could transfer it, but he told me it’s not possible…

August 11, 2016 at 12:26 pm
  • Alex Morgan
    Alex Morgan
    Super Guru 1,110 points

Hi Sofie,

Okay, it might be a problem with your custom made theme that causes the disappearance of the tagline and description. If you can send a ticket for this, we can try to check if what causing the issue. I would also suggest that you try to look in the future of the new themes as right now its important to have mobile responsive site in which your current theme version dont have.

August 11, 2016 at 12:30 pm
  • Sofie
    Sofie
    Senior Member 158 points

My theme is responsive and good for mobile versions (you should try it :)). I’ll send a ticket!

August 11, 2016 at 1:56 pm
  • Alex Morgan
    Alex Morgan
    Super Guru 1,110 points

thanks Sofie. We will check it shortly.

August 11, 2016 at 3:44 pm
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team