an
Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Dena Patrick
    0 points
    Beginner

After six years of trying to work with large organizations that have the resources to develop and maintain a truly comprehensive social services directory, I have accepted that I need to do it myself. (Long story…lots of red tape and competition amongst organizations.)

I settled upon DirectoryPress because of the user-friendliness on the front and back ends.

I realize this isn’t the section of the forum to ask for help — because I still need a lot of help…lol — but I’m sharing here in case others have a different perspective regarding my site that I haven’t seen or heard yet.

The intention is for it to be a super basic, functional site. Very little in the way of bells and whistles. The search functions are critical, as there will be a huge amount of listings once I gather the team to start creating listings.

The mobile functionality is also critical. Many people, especially those living in poverty, looking for various types of help, only have a mobile phone (unless they can get to a library). Their mobile phone is their lifeline.

I’m concerned that the categories don’t display on mobile as they do in the computer view. And trying to use categories only in the Advanced Search widget — which is the only thing that currently appears in my mobile view — doesn’t work well.

I’m torn between trying to figure out how to insert the basic search widget (as seen under my main menu in computer view) — which does seem to work well re: categories — versus finding a way to make the category block into a page that I could link to within the mobile menu.

Any thoughts or suggestions, keeping in mind that ease of use is paramount here?

https://www.findhelp.info

Thanks. 🙂

May 10, 2014 at 11:21 am
  • Malgorzata Szalata
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    May 10, 2014 at 12:26 pm
  • Dena Patrick
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    May 11, 2014 at 12:56 pm
  • Malgorzata Szalata
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    May 11, 2014 at 1:28 pm
  • Dena Patrick
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    May 12, 2014 at 11:56 am
  • Michael Fedyk
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    May 12, 2014 at 8:46 pm
  • Dena Patrick
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    May 13, 2014 at 10:18 am
  • Kiran Kumar
    86 points
    Bronze User
    Bronze User
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    May 19, 2014 at 1:16 am
  • Muhammad Ammad Siddique
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    May 21, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Views

Replies