Revolution Slider Plugin Question

• Vasile Vlad
    Vasile Vlad
    Newbie 38 points
    March 20, 2015 at 10:42 am

I understood from Mark that slider plugin that can be downloaded from plugin in section is in fact Slider Revolution plugin modified to integrate and be compatible with Premiumpress framework .

My question is “Slider Revolution plugin is updated according with oficial Slider Revolution plugin version changes ?”

Also i don’t know which version number is this slider revolution, as been a custome modification it shows in admin side version 1.

I ask this because developers of Slider Revolution recommends to upgrade all versions under 4.1.4 in order to avoid critical vulnerabilities.

Slider Revolution Plugin Page

• Binesh
    Binesh
    Elite Member 431 points
    March 20, 2015 at 11:31 am

I think this issue was discussed here.

As per Mark the slider plugin we have available is 4.2.3

• Vasile Vlad
    Vasile Vlad
    Newbie 38 points
    March 20, 2015 at 11:51 am

I have seen that topic but my question is, if the plugin is update in line with oficial plugin updates, not what version is the curent plugin.

Also this is not reflected in version number shown in admin area, in order to know what we have available.

• Clive
    Clive
    Super Guru 1,818 points
    March 20, 2015 at 12:30 pm

It’s a custom not a retail version, so the developer chooses their own version number.

• Vasile Vlad
    Vasile Vlad
    Newbie 38 points
    March 20, 2015 at 12:49 pm

It seems tha no one understantds what i’m saying. Is not about the number of the version writend in back end.

It’s about the fact if the plugin is updated in line with original plugin changes as most of themes sold, which include also Slider revolution “for free” are doing when they updated the theme they provide also and updated version of slider revolution inside the package (archive).

I don’t give a shit about the number is writen in admin side, just want to have a change log txt file to know at what version is that plugin.

• Vasile Vlad
    Vasile Vlad
    Newbie 38 points
    March 20, 2015 at 9:18 pm

After checking the Revolution Slider changes log, i’ve seen that since version 4.2.3, which was released over 1 year ago, and you are saying is the one that can be downloaded from premiumpress plugins section, a lot of bug fixes and changes took place in this plugin.

I will say it is time to have this plugin updated as too many thinks were fixed or added from that version, which impact loading speed, other functions were added, including effects or compression.

Or at list make framework compatible to work with this plugin without making any additional changes to it.

• Clive
    Clive
    Super Guru 1,818 points
    March 20, 2015 at 10:54 pm

Vasile,

You seem to be getting very stressed out over nothing.

Simply open a support ticket – I’m sure the staff will be happy to sort you out: https://www.premiumpress.com/ticket/

• Vasile Vlad
    Vasile Vlad
    Newbie 38 points
    March 21, 2015 at 6:48 am

Clive,

Instead of making “smart” remarks was better if you had a look over the plugin change logs.

There you have seen that :
    1. There were a lot of bug fixes, which afects website functionalities and performance
    2. Also were a lot of changes in code to avoid conflicts with other plugins or display problems in different browser or in a Multisite envirnoment.
    3. And the most important aspect, were added new futures, which extend the functionalities of the plugin, which allow each one of us to create better visual impact slides, that can impress visitors and keep them on your (our) sites.

So i will say that “I’m not very stressed out over nothing” as all from above are something.

I appreciate any constructive criticism, but not remarks like yours.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    March 21, 2015 at 8:51 am

Hi Vasile

Yes the plugin was downloaded and updated inline with the latest plugin changes, it was downloaded after the bugs they discovered were fixed so there are no security issues with it.

• Vasile Vlad
    Vasile Vlad
    Newbie 38 points
    March 21, 2015 at 9:16 am

Hi Mark,

That means is at least 4.6 version ?

Because they added a lot of new functions and changed some thinks to work better in a Multisite and avoid WPML conflicts.

Also could you change the name of the folder in future theme versions, in order to be able and use premiumpress custom made plugin and regular plugin included in other themes in a Multisite envirnoment.

• Vasile Vlad
    Vasile Vlad
    Newbie 38 points
    March 26, 2015 at 8:07 am

It seems that this plugin integrated is not updated at least at major updates (4.3 to 4.4), in line with developer plugin creator.

So we cannot benefit of these improvements some essential for certain types of projects, like having a multisite wordpress network or compatibility fixes with WPML plugin for a multilanguage website.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes