an
groups-icon

Reputable PremiumPress Developers

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Dave Dawson
    0 points
    Beginner

I stumbled across the PremiumPress packages around 8 months ago. I was looking for a platform to base a new industry directory, classifieds and jobs site. PremiumPress appeared to tick most, if not all of the boxes I required. With a very limited knowledge of website design and development previously I understood I would need professional assistance to realise the site themes fully, however as it was based on WordPress I imagined this support would be plentiful and I would also soon learn some of the basics for myself.

I was correct in as much that the generic global support for WordPress is plentiful, and the amount of plug-ins astronomical when you look through the offerings. The PremiumPress products appear rich in features to the newbie, and there is a constant evolution of upgrades from the team (Mark), at PremiumPress. My decision was vindicated, or so I believed,

In reality I have found that the PremiumPress products are undermined by the lack of reliable and trustworthy child theme developers. I may have been particularly unlucky, but I have now worked with 5 developers in the last 6-7 months who purported to be PremiumPress experts. Each one has either missed deadlines, become incommunicado for extended period of time, and considered it acceptable to not deliver for a myriad of excuses, although I have fully complied with the terms of their employment.

To this end I find it impossible to continue with the PremiumPress brand, and am left frustrated when I consider the 6 months I have wasted to this point, (although I have learned a lot about some web developers). I still have no site that is fully complete. There appears to be a general acceptance based on my own research that developers can get to the 60-70% of site completion and then disappear!

I wish Mark well with his products, products that offer superb features out of the box, but I would strongly suggest this site needs to offer lists of “reputable” developers who can offer support for bespoke child themes configurations in order to enhance the PremiumPress brand. There is a real need for a support framework that can take the basic packages to the customer vision.

I have wasted time and a lot of money in the last 6 months and find the whole web developing industry has a need for some regulation and real policing to avoid similar experiences to my own. In the absence of this however, developers like Mark must spend some time to develop an accountable community for his brand in my mind. If this happens I believe this will significantly underpin the brand and improve product uptake.

March 8, 2014 at 9:12 am
  • Christopher Giles
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    March 8, 2014 at 11:51 am
  • Kiran Kumar
    86 points
    Bronze User
    Bronze User
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    March 8, 2014 at 1:48 pm
  • Malgorzata Szalata
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    March 8, 2014 at 3:39 pm
  • Kiran Kumar
    86 points
    Bronze User
    Bronze User
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    March 8, 2014 at 3:51 pm
  • Aaron Whittaker
    4 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    March 9, 2014 at 7:25 am
  • Mark Eting
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    March 9, 2014 at 11:29 am
  • Dave Dawson
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    March 9, 2014 at 3:14 pm
  • Jeya
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    March 9, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Views

Replies