an
groups-icon

Reinstallation of WAMP, WordPress (Premiumpress – Directory Theme), Localhost

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Nikos P
    0 points
    Beginner

Hi,

I posted a topic yesterday but none answered. It’s funny that no one replied so I will ask again because I must come to a solution fast.

A few days ago I had to format my pc and reinstall Windows 7 Pro 32bit. After I installed windows, I realised that I haven’t backed up my local WordPress site. The only thing I did (before formatting the pc) was to copy and paste the wamp folder that included all the folders and files to a USB.

This is what I did after the windows installation:

First I installed wampserver (the version I used before the formatting: wampserver2.5-Apache-2.4.9-Mysql-5.6.17-php5.5.12-32b). After wampserver’s installation finished I copied and pasted the folder wamp from my USB to C: so I replaced the new wamp folder that has been created. I copied and pasted the whole old wamp folder with all its folders, subfolders, files.

Before formatting the pc the wamp folder was in my C: drive (C:\wamp), this where I put it again and replaced the new one. After the copy-paste I didn’t do anything else, just opened wamp, turned to green, opened firefox, wrote localhost/shipyards and the site loaded. I also went to Dashboard and everything seemed to be in place (themes, listings, advanced searches, menus, etc.).

I use Directory Theme. The thing is that I’m facing some problems with the site (running in localhost) since the reinstallation.

So my question is: how will I reinstall WAMP and local wordpress (premiumpress Directory Theme) site properly in order to be functional again ? Please explain in details and in the right order.

Thank you in advance.

December 15, 2016 at 8:15 am
  • Josh njenga
    -10 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    December 15, 2016 at 12:29 pm
  • JasonX Beard
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    March 31, 2018 at 12:07 pm
  • Aaron Whittaker
    4 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    March 31, 2018 at 12:22 pm

Views

Replies