RealtorPress Site Needs Your $.02 Please

• Laura
    Laura
    Newbie 40 points
    August 18, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Hi there. We are a family run estate agency based in the Costa Blanca beach town of Gran Alacant. Upgrading our website is something we have needed to do for a while now. We chose to build a WP site for the ease of use, the wide variety of plug-ins and themes, the flexibility, SEO, etc. We are not tech people so this has been a learning experience and it has taken longer than anticipated.

Now that the summer is winding down I have more time to finally finish and launch the new site. Most of our existing inventory of houses has been put in the database. There are still things to work out. I need to rethink the navigation and the pages need to be print friendly. Our hope is to eventually add a blog with articles with information relevant to anyone buying property in Spain, expat life in Spain, local festivals and cultural events, etc.

I welcome any advice and comment
    http://www.granalacantproperties.com/wordpress

Thanks in advance

• Roelf
    Roelf
    Senior Member 104 points
    August 18, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Hi Laura,

Looking good πŸ™‚
    I like the fact that for me it loads super fast…so i assume it runs fast over all. Also nice to see it is populated with so many properties already.

I know you are still in the process of working on it. Would e nice to see maybe a bit more color in the logo/header area.

But, nice job, i like πŸ™‚

Roelf

• Laura
    Laura
    Newbie 40 points
    August 19, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Thanks, Roelf! Will look at ways to make more colorful!

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 19, 2013 at 1:29 pm

your cookie plugin cuts out your logo and looks a bit scary. (big and black)

‘Gran Alacant Properties uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy’

i suggest you find a nicer looking one

• Laura
    Laura
    Newbie 40 points
    August 21, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Thanks, Mark. Will look around and see what’s out there.

Any other advice/insights are appreciated.

• Sandra
    Sandra
    Senior Member 265 points
    August 22, 2013 at 10:15 pm

I like it overall, looks great and very fast. Photos are top notch. I don’t like the colour scheme under the main photos slider. it’s kind of tourquise, I don’t think it fits, but that’s just my opinion. Also, you say in the text on home page for customers to telephone you if needed but no phone number? Not easy find if provided I couldn’t find it. Will you offer website in spanish too or will you need it? And finally, what facebook plugin are you using? I’m looking for that one πŸ™‚

• David Harris
    David Harris
    Senior Member 366 points
    August 23, 2013 at 3:58 am

Your header image is not top quality ( stretched ) and also needs more height, in 1920 resolution it repeats and looks naff.

David Harris
    —————-

david@www.premiumpress.com

http://www.premiumpress.com
    Dynamic PHP website hosting & Development.
    Dedicated Linux servers from 15€uro a month.
    Demo Lowend server http://www.nofool.eu

http://www.spskins.com
    Eye candy for your ShopperPress site.

• Laura
    Laura
    Newbie 40 points
    August 23, 2013 at 10:42 am

Thanks, Sandra and David.

I will take a look at the turquoise. And add the phone number. That is our lifeblood so thank you for pointing it out. Perhaps with the logo? Or in the footer? For now, I am just doing English. I do want Spanish eventually. Not enough time to do a good translation right now. Also need Norwegian and Swedish and possibly Russian as those are important markets. For now maybe the Google translate tool. Facebook widget, I found one called Bumpin. They offer a bunch of social media tools but I am only using FB. I couldn’t get the weather to work. Just to warn you, I found it a little confusing. You generate the HTML code at their site and paste into site. The bumpin plug-in I got from WP doesn’t seem to work. But I am happy with the FB widget so…. https://www.bumpin.com/widgets

Believe it or not the image is not stretched but it is pretty grungy looking since the resolution is not high. My to do list includes a panoramic foto of the beach. I am hoping to get some of the paragliders and the lighthouse in the foto too.

• Sandra
    Sandra
    Senior Member 265 points
    August 23, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Thanks Laura, I have sent you a PM. Best of luck with new site when it launches

• Sandra
    Sandra
    Senior Member 265 points
    August 23, 2013 at 4:03 pm

uh I can’t pm you, sorry I don’t want to take over this thread with irrelevant questions, but I have generated my code on bumpin and sorry for stupid question, where do I paste it in on my site?

• Laura
    Laura
    Newbie 40 points
    August 23, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Yeah I wanted to PM someone earlier and couldn’t find a way either but just chalked it up to being new and inexperienced.

So you’ve gone to Bumpin and generated the code. Now go to your site’s admin side. Under Real Estate, under Display, click on the Home Page tab. look for the two column widget. Click on edit. Paste the code in one column. I used the second for a welcome message (that needs editing!) but you could just as easy put a weather widget or something else.

Hope this is helpful!

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 25, 2013 at 3:25 am

thanks for sharing

• Sandra
    Sandra
    Senior Member 265 points
    September 11, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Thanks Laura, can’t get it to work for me, but thanks for your help.

• Sandra
    Sandra
    Senior Member 265 points
    September 11, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Ha ha got it work FINALLY. #persistance #losingmymind

• Audree
    Audree
    Senior Member 128 points
    September 11, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Thanks for visiting Gran Alacant Properties. We are a family run estate agency based in the Costa Blanca beach community of Gran Alacant.

…..not sure but, should you insert “real” between run and estate?

A splash of color, perhaps a soft blue border around your pictures might add to the beautiful photos you have posted. Just a suggestion.

I really like it

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes