Re. Home content

• EvieB
    EvieB
    Newbie 30 points
    May 19, 2020 at 11:52 pm

Hi there

I’m using the coupon theme & wanted to update the text in the top slider from design setup. I clicked on the elementor page builder tool & created a template and it changed all the content… Now it says “Hold On! You’ve set your homepage to display your Elementor – options below will not display on your website.” in the design setup.

I looked at the pages and deleted the elementor homepage. Can you please advise how I get my homepage auto create back to the default version please?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,722 points
    May 20, 2020 at 12:34 am

Go to PremiumPress > Design Setup > Page Links and change the Home Page assignment to DEFAULT DESIGN and save. Then go to Settings > Reading and change Your homepage displays to Your latest posts and save.

• EvieB
    EvieB
    Newbie 30 points
    May 20, 2020 at 12:51 am

Honestly your blood’s worth bottling James! You should add a donate button somewhere so you can receive your just rewards. 🙂

• Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,857 points
    May 22, 2020 at 3:46 am

Thanks for sharing 🙂

• EvieB
    EvieB
    Newbie 30 points
    May 22, 2020 at 5:35 am

Is there a way to make the current home page a template in elementor so it can then be edited without losing the current design inclusions?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,722 points
    May 22, 2020 at 6:58 am

Create an Elementor template then assign the PremiumPress > Design Setup > Page Links and set the Home Page to the new template. You may have to check the Settings > Reading as well.

• EvieB
    EvieB
    Newbie 30 points
    May 23, 2020 at 1:27 am

I took the home page and edited it with elementor and created a new template to use in the member’s area. All I did was take the category list off the top of the page and saved it as member-home. However the header, footer & sidebar don’t display… I chose the pages sidebar, but nothing displays. The featured stores section under the slider doesn’t slide any more or have a header… It all seems like too much work or am I just lazy? lol

I couldn’t assign the member home page to a page link as there isn’t one for member home, only memberships. I want this page separate…

Here’s the page: https://smartaussies.com.au/member-home/

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,722 points
    May 23, 2020 at 2:10 am

“I couldn’t assign the member home page to a page link as there isn’t one for member home, only memberships. I want this page separate”

You’ll need to create it if it doesn’t exist.

Go to PremiumPress > Design Setup > Elementor Templates and click Install Template next to the page you want to create.

• Philip
    Philip
    Newbie 41 points
    May 26, 2020 at 9:12 am

Is there a way of adjusting the listing page so it shows about 15 posts but has next page arrows so people can browse through more listings rather than 12 most recent posts in default?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,722 points
    May 26, 2020 at 10:12 pm

@Philip

Which posts are you referring to?
    How was the page created, is it an Elementor widget? If so, which widget are you referring to?

The 12 most recent posts is referring to the search results page, I don’t believe it is the same for listing widgets.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes