EvieB

Questions about banner advertising sellspace

Hi there I'm using coupon classic theme and just tested out the footer banner space for a 468x60 banner ad. Once I uploaded the banner details, it redirected back to the advertising page. https://smartaussies.com.au/advertising/ Issues: - I can't see the banner in the footer -- and I should note that I couldn't see the sample banner in the footer before I purchased the first one either... even though I've uploaded several on my site, most of which are displaying correctly. - When I go to my account and click on advertising, I can't see my banner or the imp/click stats. Shouldn't the customer be able to see this information and when the campaign is due to expire? - Admin side: I can't see the banner image under banners. This normally wouldn't worry me too much except I don't want anything like adult banners on my site and would rather be able to check them. - No email came through to say that a banner has been uploaded so I can check to make sure it's ok for my members to see... It looks like everything is automatically approved on the back end anyway which is fine. Am I able to change any of these things myself? Thanks in advance :)

Created: June 20, 2020 at 1:19 am
  • In: General Discussion
  • Started by: EvieBEvieB
  • 4 members left 7 comments
  • Last reply from: JamesDJamesD

• EvieB
    EvieB
    June 20, 2020 at 1:30 am

I just inspected the code on the banners page in admin and the banner image URL is correct, but it doesn’t display there for some reason. When I take the link and paste it into my browser, it displays correctly. Maybe it’s because it’s an animated gif? Not sure…

• Terrell
    Terrell
    June 23, 2020 at 9:29 pm

Did you edit the page with elementor? I’ve found when I do that, it’s no longer using the default template and won’t show the built-in banner ad spaces. If it didn’t show the sample banner, it probably wouldn’t show a real banner.

• EvieB
    EvieB
    June 24, 2020 at 1:19 am

Hi Terrell,

Good point! I checked and no elementor was used. It’s simply the links + newsletter content area with basic copyright area. So I’m stumped!

• JamesD
    JamesD
    June 24, 2020 at 11:58 pm

Hello EvieB,

Terrell is correct, it’s not included within elementor templates/widgets.

Attached is a copy of a modified . Extract the file and upload into your child theme directory (childtheme_coupon_0) then take a look.

Not 100% on how much different the viewing of placement is (in general), so you may need to adjust the styling and/or position (which may require copying the banner code into another file). However, it is a temporary solution to get a banner displayed right before the footer.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Marie
    Marie
    June 25, 2020 at 10:26 am

Thanks for sharing 🙂

• EvieB
    EvieB
    June 26, 2020 at 12:16 am

Thanks a million James. That worked a treat! 🙂

• JamesD
    JamesD
    June 26, 2020 at 5:00 am

Glad it helped EvieB, you’re welcome.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)