Problem on My DirectoryPress

WordPress Business Themes Forums General Discussion Problem on My DirectoryPress

Problem on My DirectoryPress

July 7, 2013
Marinandee Marinandee
  • Marinandee
    Marinandee
    Newbie 26 points

Hello guys,

I’ve a problem here. There’s something wrong with my directory. When I check with Chrome, everything looks good. But when I open my site using both Firefox and IE8 browser, there’s something offset at the header area. Please check the attachment files for more details. The problem is within the blue rectangular.

You may also check it yourself by visiting my site(http://www.linkslive.info/) on your browsers. Please help me to fix up this problem. Your help is much appreciated. Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    July 7, 2013 at 10:58 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

its your logo, its pushing the nav items down.

reduce your logo height.

July 8, 2013 at 1:19 am
  • Marinandee
    Marinandee
    Newbie 26 points

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply. I managed to reduce the height but problem remain unresolved. Also tried to scale down the image size from 300×90 to 250×60, still I got the same result.

Do you have any other idea to sort it out?

July 8, 2013 at 12:15 pm
  • Shakib
    Shakib
    Newbie 41 points

Hi,
    Try to add below code into your custom style box between the <style> </style>

/** Specifically Target FireFox Browsers */
    @-moz-document url-prefix() {
    #searchBox { padding-left: 33px; }
    }

Attachments:
    July 8, 2013 at 1:20 pm
  • Marinandee
    Marinandee
    Newbie 26 points

Hi Shakib,

Thank you for your help. It’s really works. I’m really appreciate it.

For your info, I did replaced the FireFox to IE to resolve the issue for IE browser but it didn’t works. Do you have any idea how to fix it. Sorry if this request disrupting/burden you.

July 8, 2013 at 2:10 pm
  • David Harris
    David Harris
    Senior Member 367 points

What happens if you get rid of the logo? If it comes right then try increasing the height of the header in the CSS.

July 8, 2013 at 2:28 pm
  • Shakib
    Shakib
    Newbie 41 points

Hi,
    ok glad it worked for your firefox browser.

this code was only for firefox and not for ie.

you could try to add compatibility code in the header, this could fix the ie css issue.

in your header just under the:
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd”>

add (see attached)

<meta http-equiv=”X-UA-Compatible” content=”IE=9″ >

Attachments:
    July 8, 2013 at 2:40 pm
  • Marinandee
    Marinandee
    Newbie 26 points

Hi David,

Tried so but nothing happen even I already increase the height of the header. Mmm.. maybe I did the wrong way, could you explain more?

Thanks

July 8, 2013 at 10:26 pm
  • Marinandee
    Marinandee
    Newbie 26 points

Hi Shakib,

I did added the code into the header section but still problem persists. I’m still wondering why this happen to my site while other directories working fine on both IE and Firefox browsers.

July 8, 2013 at 10:27 pm
  • David Harris
    David Harris
    Senior Member 367 points

Difficult to sort without actually being in there amongst the files rooting about.

I would be tempted to backup & rename certain core files and upload fresh ones to see if that corrects it, it’s probably just some CSS though that got altered somewhere along the line.

Also look at untouched fresh files and compare to the ones on the live site for see any differences.

July 9, 2013 at 4:59 am
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team