"ohits" view count

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

"ohits" view count

July 13, 2013
 Lewis

• Lewis
    Newbie 4 points

I used to be able to add back view count for the property listing on the homepage in Version 7.1.

I am trying to upgrade 7.1 to 7.1.4 and realize there are quite a lot of changes in the code and I don’t know where I should put this code in. Can you help Mark?

Thanks.

/* Added back for view counts in styles.css*/
    .RPoptionslist .oshare { background:#ddd url(images/oshare.png) no-repeat 5px center; }
    .RPoptionslist .ohits { background:#ddd url(images/ohits.png) no-repeat 5px center; }
    .RPoptionslist .ochart { background:#ddd url(images/ochart.png) no-repeat 5px center; }
    .RPoptionslist .oreport { background:#ddd url(images/oreport.png) no-repeat 5px center; }
    .RPoptionslist .oshare:hover { background: #666 url(images/osharea.png) no-repeat 5px center; color:#FFFFFF; }
    .RPoptionslist .ohits:hover { background:#666 url(images/ohitsa.png) no-repeat 5px center; color:#FFFFFF;}
    .RPoptionslist .ochart:hover { background:#666 url(images/ocharta.png) no-repeat 5px center; color:#FFFFFF; }
    .RPoptionslist .oreport:hover { background:#666 url(images/oreport.png) no-repeat 5px center; color:#FFFFFF; }
    /* End of view counts */

July 13, 2013 at 3:08 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

the code above is css for elements that simply dont exist in the newer version, im not sure its possible to bring this back without custoizing the _item.php file.

have u tried using the one from 7.1?

July 13, 2013 at 4:21 am

• Lewis
    Newbie 4 points

I noticed there was a _item_small.php prior to 7.1, which does not exist anymore. I never touched the _item.php. So I believe all I did was modifying ./template_realtorpress/_item_small.php and ./template_realtorpress/styles.css to restore the view count on the homepage listing while I upgraded it to 7.1.

How do I incorporate it back to 7.1.4? This feature is really important to my client so I cannot lose it.

Thanks

July 13, 2013 at 4:27 am
  • Ian
    Ian
    Super Guru 1,200 points

That doesn’t make sense. If _item_small.php didn’t exist in 7.1 then you must have edited _item.php, no?

July 13, 2013 at 6:01 am

• Lewis
    Newbie 4 points

Sorry I mean _item_small.php is not there anymore with 7.1.4. I have it when I am running 7.1

July 13, 2013 at 12:46 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

Item-small was replaced with item and now there is just one file

July 13, 2013 at 4:19 pm

• Lewis
    Newbie 4 points

Hi Mark, Ian,

Beside the above css code, I also have the following code added to the _item_small.php for 7.1.

Would that work if I add these back to the _item.php? Would it be sufficient?

I am no expert in php, I was just lucky making it worked in 7.1 by trial and error. So I will need your expert advice. Thanks.

<!– New addition for view count in _item_small.php –>
    <div class=”RPoptionslist-wrapper clearfix”>
    <div class=”RPoptionslist”>
    <!– ID)?>” title=”<?php echo $post->post_title?>” class=”ohits”><?php echo $PPT->_e(array(‘button’,’13’)); ?>
    ” rel=”nofollow”><?php echo $PPT->_e(array(‘button’,’15’)); ?> –>
    <?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, ‘hits’, true); ?> <?php echo $PPT->_e(array(‘title’,’6′)); ?>
    <div>
    </div>

<!– end of new addition –>

July 13, 2013 at 6:00 pm

• Lewis
    Newbie 4 points

Or is there an easier way to add the view count back? So I don’t have to worry about customizing it every time there is an upgrade comes out. As I believe this is a pretty useful function for a lot of real estate agents. The view counts actually draws attention of the potential buyers.

Thanks very much for your time.

July 13, 2013 at 7:18 pm
  • Ian
    Ian
    Super Guru 1,200 points

I don’t see any reason why your code shouldn’t work in _item.php as it did in _item_small.php

July 14, 2013 at 2:42 am
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team