ppt_nick.downarowicz25-11-19_108875348

Offer thumbnail text showing incorrect discount – Coupon theme 9

Hi, When I list offers/discount, the thumbnail image pulls data from the title, but often times it's incorrect. Is there any way to edit the thumbnail copy? Or, any way to have an image in stead? Thank you!

Created: March 24, 2020 at 2:10 pm
  • In: General Discussion
  • Started by: nick.downarowicz
  • 4 members left 11 comments
  • Last reply from: PhilipPhilip

• nick.downarowicz
    March 26, 2020 at 1:44 pm

Any help?
    Thanks!

• JamesD
    JamesD
    March 29, 2020 at 3:16 am

Hello,

Sorry, I’m not quite following.
    Which “thumbnail” image are you referring to? (not seeing a thumbnail)
    What exactly is being displayed inaccurate? ( the logo, the title…etc)
    What’s inaccurate in the coupon-issue image? (looks normal?)

• nick.downarowicz
    March 30, 2020 at 12:51 pm

Hi Jmes,

If you look at the image you’ll see the image on the left says 2020 off , but the title of the deal is Get Your 2020 Book.

Also at the top, 10 off the left hand side, while the title is $10 Coupon book. I snot a $10 discount.

The thumbnail in the left hand side pulls the wrong info.

So I was wondering if there is any way to control what’s shown.

Thanks!
    Elena

• Philip
    Philip
    April 6, 2020 at 12:00 am

It’s been a while since I used Coupon Theme and this was I problem I can remember I used to have, and after installing it back on my website I have the same problem. I can remember I overcome this problem by displaying the shop logo instead however this was in an older version and I cannot find the option in the new version. It would be great if someone can advise me how to display shop logo’s instead of the discount because ptt_nick says the discount displayed is all too often wrong!

• JamesD
    JamesD
    April 6, 2020 at 10:49 pm

“If you look at the image you’ll see the image on the left says 2020 off , but the title of the deal is Get Your 2020 #8221;

Ok, here’s a temp solution that could help…

For each listing that has the problem (or any listing for that matter) add the custom field coupon_txt and for the value put the appropriate text.
    Here’s a video. (no audio)

They are not images to the left, it’s hyperlinked text. Which is why I stated I didn’t seen any “thumbnails”.

• Philip
    Philip
    April 29, 2020 at 5:58 pm

Is there anyway of changing the hyperlinked text section to show the store logo instead, I know this was an option in coupon theme 8 and in my opinion looked much better too!

• JamesD
    JamesD
    May 3, 2020 at 8:03 am

@Philip

There are no options/settings that I’m aware of to do this. You would need to alter a core file and make a manual change.

For example, if I was using the default CP9 theme, then I would make a backup of the /CP9/_ file.

Next, I’d open it to edit and look around line #359 to replace <span class="g1"><?php echo $text; ?></span> with <span class="g1"><?php echo do_shortcode('[COUPONIMAGE]');?></span>.

• EvieB
    EvieB
    September 21, 2020 at 12:11 am

Hi James

Thanks for the info! I tried this and the attached screen shot shows how it now displays. Still no image.

Also wondering how to stop the keywords from displaying straight after the excerpt? I looked at the _ file and could only see title, excerpt then the stuff on the line below that…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • EvieB
    EvieB
    September 21, 2020 at 1:33 am

Hi James, I have another couple of questions about coupons if you don’t mind?

1. When I go to My Coupons from My Account it only shows the active coupons. But what if I want to edit or delete an old coupon? Wouldn’t it make sense to show them so they can be edited? Just wondering how I can do that?

2. When looking at My Coupons there are more filters you can view and I wondered where I would go to edit them? I want to make the store filter list display in alphabetical order.

Many thanks!

• JamesD
    JamesD
    September 22, 2020 at 2:13 am

Thanks for the info! I tried this and the attached screen shot shows how it now displays. Still no image.

Make sure the specific file /CP9/_ is edited.

Note: COUPONIMAGE will display the assigned STORE image only.

1. When I go to My Coupons from My Account it only shows the active coupons. But what if I want to edit or delete an old coupon? Wouldn’t it make sense to show them so they can be edited? Just wondering how I can do that?

The user needs to navigate to one of their listings, while logged in, to see the Edit/Delete buttons located in the top right of the listing page. See attached image.

2. When looking at My Coupons there are more filters you can view and I wondered where I would go to edit them? I want to make the store filter list display in alphabetical order.
    The template for that page would need to be customized/edited. It may be the same as the regular search results page. Not sure how extensive it would be.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Philip
    Philip
    September 24, 2020 at 8:11 pm

Sorry James I didn’t notice that you had answered me about how to change the Coupon Text to Coupon Image. I tried what you said and it’s working great! Thanks!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)