Navigation bar shopper press demo

• Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 441 points
    August 11, 2013 at 1:47 pm

The Navigation looks the same in shopper press as it does in my classified press, and by this I mean the overlapping drop down child level navigation, When I first saw it in my Classified theme, I thought it was an error on my part ( setting it up), I thought I had done something wrong in setting up navigation and pages. Ive been looking for a fix for this, as I think it looks weird how it is, and looks like the drop down menu is in the wrong place, or misaligned. and it could be that it is supposed to look like this?

I’ve just seen it in the Demo for Shopper press, See attached images. I personally think it would look much nicer if it ware not covering up the parent Navigation bar or Menu. as shown in the images attached which are called Screen shot 1 and 2.

• Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 441 points
    August 11, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Here is screen shot 2

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 441 points
    August 11, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Here is Screen Shot 1 πŸ™‚

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • David Harris
    David Harris
    Senior Member 366 points
    August 11, 2013 at 1:58 pm

.menu li ul {margin-top: 16px !important;}

That will sort it, put in your child theme CSS or custom styles.

Richard gave that useful bit of code when I first started here a number of months ago πŸ™‚

My then first SP site http://www.poelesabois65.fr 😎

Will redo it when the responsive theme is released.

David Harris
    —————-

david@www.premiumpress.com

http://www.premiumpress.com
    Dynamic PHP website hosting & Development.
    Dedicated Linux servers from 15€uro a month.

http://www.spskins.com
    Eye candy for your ShopperPress site.

• Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 441 points
    August 12, 2013 at 4:45 am

Hello, David, Thanks for that, although what does that mean?
    Sorry, I’m just a graphic designer not a coder. and never used WP before.
    I’m not using a child theme, just the standard as it comes theme. where exactly do you put this line of code you kindly offered? Ide love to get this sorted, and your site link you gave is a very nice site. you did really well.

Cheers

Liz πŸ™‚

• Ian
    Ian
    Super Guru 1,200 points
    August 12, 2013 at 5:00 am

You can put it in Classifieds>Display Settings>Layout>Custom Styles

<style>
    </style>

• David Harris
    David Harris
    Senior Member 366 points
    August 12, 2013 at 5:14 am

Thanks Ian, btw Liz if you have not done anything to the site I would upgrade to 7.1.4 and have done with it. There will be no more major releases for SP just various fixes when needed.

• Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 441 points
    August 12, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Thanks for the heads up David, I appreciate your advice, I’m assuming that 7.1 is the existing SP or the new responsive due to be released when mark has completed it in a couple of weeks? I am intending to buy it to install and twiddling my thumbs until he’s released it. OR are you meaning get SP now and then upgrade to the new responsive SP later. I only have Classified press so far. and need to install SP ASAP.
    but caught between releases. LOL So it’s a bit frustrating.

I can’t even really make graphics for it until I have all the sizes and a play with what it might end up looking like, I’m just pondering at the moment how I’m going to blend it to look like an existing static website. I’m sure I’ll figure it out though.

• Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 441 points
    August 12, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Also Thanks Ian for your the start off guide, I get it now πŸ™‚

• David Harris
    David Harris
    Senior Member 366 points
    August 12, 2013 at 1:32 pm

My fault for not reading and looking at the images properly. πŸ™‚ The responsive will be out shortly yeah. If you need any help when you purchase just give a shout.

• Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 441 points
    August 12, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Oh I wish it would hurry up, LOL im beginning to get like a cat on a hot tin roof,
    I want it now, today, Yesterday and more of it tomorrow. πŸ˜† Are there any templates pre designed themes that you know of available for Premium press?

I’m getting so fed up with graphic design !!

• David Harris
    David Harris
    Senior Member 366 points
    August 12, 2013 at 2:32 pm

There will be themes that will be part of it so you can then take your pick.

I started a website called spskins and I will be churning out themed skins for the responsive once I get my hands on it, done a few for the non responsive already.

It’s surprising how much work is involved though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes