narrow search results

WordPress Business Themes Forums General Discussion narrow search results

narrow search results

July 7, 2013
 Angie

• Angie
    Newbie 4 points

i purchased the classified theme a few months ago and i am in the process of completing the site.
    i have a category list on the left side bar and would like to create a narrow search result.
    I want to be able to narrow down the search within the one category.
    at the moment when i narrow down the search it lists every item in the database within that range. I just want it to list the range within that category.
    when i create the taxonomies and search feature, the script lists the items but it list all the items in the database rather than that particular category.
    i want to be able to is have a list in the search area on the left hand side just like your demo in the classified theme which narrows search results within the category selected.
    can you help?

July 7, 2013 at 11:50 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

Hi Angie

Do you have a link so we can see your search setup, are you using the advanced search widget?

July 7, 2013 at 2:44 pm

• Angie
    Newbie 4 points

the website is http://www.ehunt.com.au
    i have tried widgets, taxonomies, search.
    i did manage to get it to work but it will not work within a category.
    your demo works just the way i want it to work as it narrows down a search within a category. Could you please guide me on how to create this narrow search result feature. a video tutorial outlining the steps would be great.
    can i send the login details via personal email. i don’t want to post the details here otherwise people will see my login details.
    my email is zacca73@bigpond.com

July 8, 2013 at 7:33 am
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team