Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

narrow search results

• Angie
    Newbie 4 points
    July 7, 2013 at 11:50 am

i purchased the classified theme a few months ago and i am in the process of completing the site.
    i have a category list on the left side bar and would like to create a narrow search result.
    I want to be able to narrow down the search within the one category.
    at the moment when i narrow down the search it lists every item in the database within that range. I just want it to list the range within that category.
    when i create the taxonomies and search feature, the script lists the items but it list all the items in the database rather than that particular category.
    i want to be able to is have a list in the search area on the left hand side just like your demo in the classified theme which narrows search results within the category selected.
    can you help?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,819 points
    July 7, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Hi Angie

Do you have a link so we can see your search setup, are you using the advanced search widget?

• Angie
    Newbie 4 points
    July 8, 2013 at 7:33 am

the website is http://www.ehunt.com.au
    i have tried widgets, taxonomies, search.
    i did manage to get it to work but it will not work within a category.
    your demo works just the way i want it to work as it narrows down a search within a category. Could you please guide me on how to create this narrow search result feature. a video tutorial outlining the steps would be great.
    can i send the login details via personal email. i don’t want to post the details here otherwise people will see my login details.
    my email is zacca73@bigpond.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)