Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Must have plugins

• Shakib
    Shakib
    Newbie 41 points
    July 2, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Hi,
    Attached some of the plugins that most of PP users are using.

– Search Everything…well the name is self explanatory :)
    – Search AutoComplete
    – WPonlinebackup, Automated Backup for your listings and database (a must have plugin)
    – Usernoise, stylish feedback button in the middle of the page next to the scroller
    Can’t attached the usernoise so please download it from the wordpress plugins page here: http://wordpress.org/plugins/usernoise/

good luck

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Mark Fail Mark Fail.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,822 points
    July 2, 2013 at 5:15 pm

thanks for sharing.

• Narender Kumar
    Narender Kumar
    Senior Member 273 points
    July 8, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Hi,
    Thanks for updating.
    Any idea about backupwordpress, backup buddy and xcloner. I know a lot of plugins slow down the speed. Can you pls specify a number that this is the max no. of plugins one should use in his site.

Rgards,

• Shakib
    Shakib
    Newbie 41 points
    July 8, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Hi,
    Yes you are right, some plugins will slow down your site or create conflicts but I don’t think there is a fixed number how many plugins you can use.

you can always check your sites load speed after installing plugins

http://digsitesvalue.net/

• Narender Kumar
    Narender Kumar
    Senior Member 273 points
    July 9, 2013 at 6:07 am

Thanks a lot Shakib.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,822 points
    July 9, 2013 at 6:16 am

:)

• Jason
    Newbie 6 points
    July 10, 2013 at 6:45 pm

I like this one – Hide My WP
    With it you can hide the fact that you use wordpress.
    It simply modifies your htaccess file to change your paths on the fly.
    Its great.

http://codecanyon.net/item/hide-my-wp-no-one-can-know-you-use-wordpress/4177158

• Alena
    Newbie 2 points
    July 10, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Thanks

• Narender Kumar
    Narender Kumar
    Senior Member 273 points
    July 11, 2013 at 7:44 am

Thanks Jason.

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    July 16, 2013 at 9:50 am

There are many plugins (both Free and Paid) which are designed to work with and extend the functionality of PremiumPress themes available at http://premiumwebservices.co.uk/shop/

These plugins were created as response to the requests from the PremiumPress forum users and can be considered a ‘must have’ plugins.

Kind regards,

Richard

• Narender Kumar
    Narender Kumar
    Senior Member 273 points
    August 13, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Which is the best way to keep a backup of our desktop. Also plugin for changing the (sent from mail). By default it shows wordpress.

• Roelf
    Roelf
    Senior Member 104 points
    August 13, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Hi

I did not want to start a new topic but i also do not want to squeeze in front of Narender before he got a answer.

Which is the best way to keep a backup of our desktop. Also plugin for changing the (sent from mail). By default it shows wordpress.

But i do have a question with regards to plugins and site security that i think a lot of people think about. Seeing that a lot of us do charge a fee or work with payment transactions, there is always the issue of security and keeping attacks from happening to our sites.

Can anyone shed some light on a real must have to protect your hard work and your clients. Saying that, i also do know if someone really wants to hack you and he has the know-how, he will do it no matter what.

@Jason – I do like that plugin, will probably have to give it a go.

Thanks for any tips! :)
    Roelf

• David Harris
    David Harris
    Senior Member 367 points
    August 13, 2013 at 9:29 pm

@ Narender I think RIchard has a plugin for that email one 😉 although there a few to chose from I believe.

• Shakib
    Shakib
    Newbie 41 points
    August 14, 2013 at 8:31 am

Hi,
    @Narender
    Email:
    Download the plugin, activate, go to Settings, Email and change the FROM name there.

Hardcode way: /wp-includes/pluggable.php

Find $from_name = ‘WordPress’; and replace the WordPress to what ever you want.

Backup for your desktop:
    I think the best backup softwares are Acronis True Image Home and KLS Backup.
    I am using this two backup softwares for many clients for years and I never had any issues with them.

@Roelf
    Yes you are right, security is always a big concern for WordPress sites. But I think if you make sure that your WordPress is upto date and have couple of security plugins installed then there is nothing to worry about.
    What is your site link?

I wouldn’t use Hide My WP as this will affect SEO and ranking.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Roelf
    Roelf
    Senior Member 104 points
    August 14, 2013 at 8:35 am

Hi Shakib,

Thanks for the reply. The site is still in development so i removed most plugins until i am done with the customizing.

Here is the link : http://www.worldofaccommodation.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)