Must have plugins

Must have plugins

July 2, 2013
Shakib Shakib
  • Shakib
    Shakib
    Newbie 41 points

Hi,
    Attached some of the plugins that most of PP users are using.

– Search Everything…well the name is self explanatory :)
    – Search AutoComplete
    – WPonlinebackup, Automated Backup for your listings and database (a must have plugin)
    – Usernoise, stylish feedback button in the middle of the page next to the scroller
    Can’t attached the usernoise so please download it from the wordpress plugins page here: http://wordpress.org/plugins/usernoise/

good luck

• This topic was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Mark Fail Mark Fail.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    July 2, 2013 at 5:14 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

thanks for sharing.

July 2, 2013 at 5:15 pm
  • Narender Kumar
    Narender Kumar
    Senior Member 273 points

Hi,
    Thanks for updating.
    Any idea about backupwordpress, backup buddy and xcloner. I know a lot of plugins slow down the speed. Can you pls specify a number that this is the max no. of plugins one should use in his site.

Rgards,

July 8, 2013 at 6:14 pm
  • Shakib
    Shakib
    Newbie 41 points

Hi,
    Yes you are right, some plugins will slow down your site or create conflicts but I don’t think there is a fixed number how many plugins you can use.

you can always check your sites load speed after installing plugins

http://digsitesvalue.net/

July 8, 2013 at 6:20 pm
  • Narender Kumar
    Narender Kumar
    Senior Member 273 points

Thanks a lot Shakib.

July 9, 2013 at 6:07 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

:)

July 9, 2013 at 6:16 am

• Jason
    Newbie 6 points

I like this one – Hide My WP
    With it you can hide the fact that you use wordpress.
    It simply modifies your htaccess file to change your paths on the fly.
    Its great.

http://codecanyon.net/item/hide-my-wp-no-one-can-know-you-use-wordpress/4177158

July 10, 2013 at 6:45 pm

• Alena
    Newbie 2 points

Thanks

July 10, 2013 at 7:46 pm
  • Narender Kumar
    Narender Kumar
    Senior Member 273 points

Thanks Jason.

July 11, 2013 at 7:44 am
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

There are many plugins (both Free and Paid) which are designed to work with and extend the functionality of PremiumPress themes available at http://premiumwebservices.co.uk/shop/

These plugins were created as response to the requests from the PremiumPress forum users and can be considered a ‘must have’ plugins.

Kind regards,

Richard

July 16, 2013 at 9:50 am
  • Narender Kumar
    Narender Kumar
    Senior Member 273 points

Which is the best way to keep a backup of our desktop. Also plugin for changing the (sent from mail). By default it shows wordpress.

August 13, 2013 at 5:20 pm
  • Roelf
    Roelf
    Senior Member 104 points

Hi

I did not want to start a new topic but i also do not want to squeeze in front of Narender before he got a answer.

Which is the best way to keep a backup of our desktop. Also plugin for changing the (sent from mail). By default it shows wordpress.

But i do have a question with regards to plugins and site security that i think a lot of people think about. Seeing that a lot of us do charge a fee or work with payment transactions, there is always the issue of security and keeping attacks from happening to our sites.

Can anyone shed some light on a real must have to protect your hard work and your clients. Saying that, i also do know if someone really wants to hack you and he has the know-how, he will do it no matter what.

@Jason – I do like that plugin, will probably have to give it a go.

Thanks for any tips! :)
    Roelf

August 13, 2013 at 8:29 pm
  • David Harris
    David Harris
    Senior Member 367 points

@ Narender I think RIchard has a plugin for that email one 😉 although there a few to chose from I believe.

August 13, 2013 at 9:29 pm
  • Shakib
    Shakib
    Newbie 41 points

Hi,
    @Narender
    Email:
    Download the plugin, activate, go to Settings, Email and change the FROM name there.

Hardcode way: /wp-includes/pluggable.php

Find $from_name = ‘WordPress’; and replace the WordPress to what ever you want.

Backup for your desktop:
    I think the best backup softwares are Acronis True Image Home and KLS Backup.
    I am using this two backup softwares for many clients for years and I never had any issues with them.

@Roelf
    Yes you are right, security is always a big concern for WordPress sites. But I think if you make sure that your WordPress is upto date and have couple of security plugins installed then there is nothing to worry about.
    What is your site link?

I wouldn’t use Hide My WP as this will affect SEO and ranking.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    August 14, 2013 at 8:31 am
  • Roelf
    Roelf
    Senior Member 104 points

Hi Shakib,

Thanks for the reply. The site is still in development so i removed most plugins until i am done with the customizing.

Here is the link : http://www.worldofaccommodation.com

August 14, 2013 at 8:35 am
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team