WordPress Business Themes › Forums › Version 7 Themes › CouponPress › Migrating from v7 theme to Responsive theme
I am using v7.1.4 theme and want to migrate to new Responsive theme. Can anyone (who has done it before) guide me with it. What are the challenges with it? Any risks involved? any step by step guide available for it?
***Steps to transfer from non-responsive theme to responsive theme:
1. Please make a backup for your site database and files.
2. Please download the responsive theme and install it to your site.
3. Activate the theme.
4. Please change the Permalinks to default/Plain.
5. Please download the PremiumPress Non-Responsive – Responsive Import Tool >>http://www.premiumpress.com/plugin/premiumpress-transfer-tool/
6. Install and Activate the plugin
7. After that please go Theme Options > Premiumpress tab/Overview.
8. You can then transfer the old data listings to your new theme.
9. Setup your new theme options
Thanks Josh for the detailed instructions.
One question regarding step# 4. I recently for SEO done for my website. If i make the changes to permalinks, will it affect the work done for the SEO? Do you know if there is a quick fix to it?
The 2 themes have different designs hence your SEO might be affected
Such a bad move by me then. I got my SEO done just now.
So question here is that after Step 10, can i change the permalinks back to what it was earlier. Will that work?
Yes you can change permalink to what you want
I have around 2000 posts. How much time does this migration take? Is there anything else, i will have to do after these 10 steps or it will be all back as earlier?
Please follow the steps I provide above.Nothing more
I have done all the steps as per the instructions and the website is up now – http://www.couponsmafia.com.
After doing all the above steps, i changed permalinks back to :
Now my deals urls are shown like this:
Is there anyway to change them back to what they were earlier in old version of theme? Or any other way to get the post title or category or something relevant in urls which is better for SEO. I am worried that the recent work that i got done for SEO will be lost.
Please go to Settings >Permalinks and select the option ‘Post name’
I have selected that option only. See the attached screenshot.
Submit your feature requests to our ideas board and it could be included in a future theme update.
or contact our support team