Menu question – new responsive theme

• Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Senior Member 231 points
    August 8, 2013 at 9:44 pm

So I just noticed that in the menu system it allows you to pull “Categories” but the “Categories” that it pulls from is for Posts and not from Listing Manager – Categories.

In 7.1.3 I assigned categories to my listings ie “For Lease – Office” and assigned that to a menu – but with the new responsive framework it doesn’t pull from the categories I create for listings.

Any work around for this?

• Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    August 8, 2013 at 10:06 pm

There is option, but might be hidden. Go to Appearance > Menus > Look at the top right corner at ‘Screen Options’ – there you make sure that both ‘Categories’ are ticked (one ‘Categories’ option is for posts and the other ‘Categories’ option is for listings.)

• Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Senior Member 231 points
    August 8, 2013 at 11:35 pm

Thanks Richard – strange to hide that like that (right under my nose that is).

What about Tags, I used them extensively in the 7.1.3 but I don’t see them except under posts not in listings?

• Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 920 points
    August 9, 2013 at 12:09 am

You can create a new tags taxonomy under the listing post type which will do exactly the same.

• Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Senior Member 231 points
    August 9, 2013 at 12:15 am

Aaron – not quite sure how to do that as I don’t see any mention of how to create taxonomies in the new framework or wordpress. – Can I use a plugin that creates Taxonomies?

• Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Senior Member 231 points
    August 9, 2013 at 12:19 am

Of course I can’t install Plugins right now for some reason so disregard my last sentence in the previous post

https://www.premiumpress.com/forums/topic/plugins-wont-install/ 😥

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 9, 2013 at 4:36 am

Jeffrey try re-downloading the theme files.

• Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Senior Member 231 points
    August 9, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Thanks Mark I will give that a try.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 10, 2013 at 1:07 am

np

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes