Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
clemon

Location, Country Drop down menu

Hi Guys, Under Location, the Country Drop down menu shows a lot of countries for selection. Is there a way to remove all countries and keep just New Zealand and Australia? The support told me I have to modify the ppt_5_search.php but I don't know how to do it. Can anybody please help with this. May thanks in advance Clemon

Created: February 13, 2020 at 9:05 pm

• Kashif
    Kashif
    February 15, 2020 at 3:59 am

Hi

looks like your gonna need some custom work.
    even if you get the custom work done any future update can undo all that custom work as it happen to me.
    the best way is to create custom fields under >Configuration>Search>there you can create custom location setting which i have currently and it works ok.

• James
    James
    February 16, 2020 at 2:06 am

Hello Clemon,

The file to edit to change the dropdown info would be the /DT9/framework/new_class/ppt_adsearch.php.

Kashif is correct and his method is probably the safest (long term) and easiest way to do it (especially if you’re not too tech savvy).

If you’re comfortable enough you can make a backup of that file then add the file in the compressed attachment and see if it’ll work for your purpose for now. It already has the specific changes you mentioned (Only AU & NZ) and there are notes at the top where I made the change.

Don’t forget about the potential downfalls as Kashif stated.
    Upgrading to a newer version will overwrite the file as well as the file could potentially change in the future.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• clemon
    February 19, 2020 at 7:34 pm

Hi Kashif and James,

Thank you very much for your amazing support. For some reason I found using the ppt solution easier. I just changed the county order so NZ shows up first but of long term need to learn Kashif’s way. Will keep in mind the overwriting issue. May thanks again to you Guy’s.

• James
    James
    February 19, 2020 at 11:23 pm

You’re welcome clemon, glad it helped.

Copyright © 2010-2020 PremiumPress Limited.

secure payments