an
groups-icon

Installation Experience with Bluehost, SiteGround and WPEngine.

• Version 10
    Nicholas Daniel-Richards
    88 points
    Bronze User
    Bronze User

I purchased the auction theme yesterday and decided that instead of typically using wpengine as I have before for hosting, I would try some other hosting providers.

What I learned after a day of suffering.

——- Bluehost ———
    Pros: Super Cheap, Easy Enough to Use.
    Cons: Slow for shared hosting, lots of bloatware in a new WP install.
    Outcome: Had various issues with the auction theme, really random and really annoying – like the account page defaulting to a generic Woo page. I gave up and canceled the account.

——— SiteGround ———
    Pros: Bit more expensive, still, really cheap. Easier to use, Response support via chat.
    Cons: Not as slow as bluehost, but still, a tad slow to render pages.
    Outcome: Caching plugins causes loads of issues with the auction theme. I was able to disable most of the caching to solve the loading issues (blank homepage when not logged in) however, even with every cache plugin and switch I could find – still a bunch of issues loading files (elementor global.css refused to work). I gave up and canceled the account.

—— WPEngine ———
    Pros: Super Fast, Dead Simple to Setup, Was installed and into configuring the theme in about 15 mins.
    Cons: The most expensive. I managed to find a 20% discount code off the year price, still double the price of SiteGround.
    Outcome: Site is fast, working on customizing the theme and hopefully getting comments to work on the view and auction listing page. Highly recommend WPEngine.

January 6, 2022 at 5:29 am
  • Tewin Sham
    21 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    January 23, 2022 at 5:33 am
  • Kiran Kumar
    86 points
    Bronze User
    Bronze User
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    January 23, 2022 at 7:46 am

Views

Replies